My wine making crap hole

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good; you've been busy! Just a word of caution - I have read that wine should not be kept in close proximity to chemicals with sharp odors ( some paints, paint thinner, etc) that may impact your wine. You may want to consider this in laying out your wine area.

Looking good; you've been busy! Just a word of caution - I have read that wine should not be kept in close proximity to chemicals with sharp odors ( some paints, paint thinner, etc) that may impact your wine. You may want to consider this in laying out your wine area.

well He!!:slp
good point Dugger.....never gave that a thought, was just anxious to git my Pee's to the "Man Cave' and outta the upstairs living quarters.
But, they are giving off just a slight bit of co2 so they should be OK but they are also getting real close to bottling time and will sure watch out for fumes or smells when I do that.
Just a thought....ya wouldn't suppose that the fumes from paint and thinners would act as an 'octane' booster would ya?:D:a:a:a

Thanks fer the heads up though....
Later.........WB

Id hit those concrete walls with DryLoc as it will waterproof it and make the wall look much better also so it will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Id hit those concrete walls with DryLoc as it will waterproof it and make the wall look much better also so it will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Just came upstairs from doing just that.....Drylock....good stuff, really covers good.
kinda of an amonia smell...........and samplin' Skeeter Pee:dg:d:a:a

Later.............WB-out

Well, the wife and I went to Sam's Club early this morning and came home with a pickup load of cabinets. I spent the rest of the day putting them together, and they seem really nice(just a zillion screws). I am also building a pantry room for all of our stored food and our canning stuff, so I had two cabinets to put together in that room also.
Still gotta hang the wall cabinet but I was out of steam......SO.... I poured me a quart of iced SkeeterPee.....and the pain is going away.

Later..................WB-out

I guess I am tired, forgot the pics

My cabinets...

NO Wait...a storm is moving in and my satellites just went out:rn

back on.....here they are:

P6010001.JPG

P6010004.JPG

i didnt read all the posts so forgive if this has already been said...i saw your initial post...forget what the wine room looks like...all that matters is the wine....*it* needs to be good...then you can take it anywhere....like outside to watch a sunset or something similar

we can be fortunate or less fortunate vis a vis wine rooms...but a good wine and a smile on your face and in your heart beats a top notch wine room any day! :) salute'

a little update

just about have my brewing/wine making area done...at least workable and am really enjoying it.
I have a 6 gal batch of High Octane Skeeter Pee in the clear carboy and I just brewed up a Wheat beer today which is in the white bucket, primary.(I'm trying to drink the price of wheat up)

Still need to get started on the rest of the basement and make it liveable.
I am going to make an indoor patio in my basement. We have the patio pavers bought and sitting outside the house, just need to do a little cleaning and leveling. We are going to get a patio set (some nice padded swivel rockers, WHEN they go on sale) maybe even a TV.
I have an old fridge that I think I'll restore for a kegerator.
bought 4-5gal kegs, regulators, hose's ect.
Got a turkey deep fryer to brew with and a wert chiller, and man this is now fun to brew.
just wanted to let ya know that I am gaining and having fun.

P7070007.JPG

P7070010.JPG

P7070004.JPG

P7070006.JPG

P7070008.JPG

Nice set up there, are those brand new kegs or are those just very nice ones?

they are used, reconditioned, cleaned, tested, new o rings.
They cost me $49.95 and I got them from Kegconnection.com.
They were a little more than some places but I am really happy with them and the service.

Later..WB-out

Then again lots of places dont replace all of those orings and stuff and still sell them as recon. They are nice clean kegs you have, Ball or pin? If ball becareful not accidentally switch hoses as Ive heard of many people having some big problems trying to get the hose off once they made the mistake of getting it on. Try and color code them if you can.

I picked up the same thing from my local guy for $25.00 each but they sure as heck don't shine like yours. All I know he did for sure was clean and pressure test.

I have a local place here in Cincy that sells reconditioned ones for $39 bucks. I'm heading down there Saturday to pick up one + a few other things I need.

Just be careful Dan as lots of placses pressure test but then you take it home and hook up some hoses and the next day your C02 tank is empty. I had this happen to me and most of the time its usually those dang cheap crimped hose fittings they use, rip those off ASAP and put good hose clamps on. I recommend using Fuel injection hose clamps found at Auto parts stores as they produce a much more even pessure and dont ruin hoses like the standard hose clamps do with those grooves in them and beer hose is much more expoensive.

Latest posts

Back