My Wine is Completed .... Take a look plz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manku007

Reaction score
Hello Everyone :D

My wine is completed today that is after about 4 days, since there are only two bottles of 200 ml each, that's why it took some much less time.

The taste of my wine is I think something like vinegar and a little alcohol, but it gave the taste of alcohol and after drinking it I feeling like I am flying (u know that what happen) :r

Since I have collected it in another bottle with the help of a tube, have of it is now kept so that it can get clear if it can. ::

This is a very new experience I have got, really very nice ..... :h

Take a look of my photos in gallery ..... :b

Ok bye bye ..... take care

Interesting on many levels.. why ferment in such a small bottle? Were there no 4 litre plastic buckets littering the streets that you could have used instead? Tastes like vinegar ?????

what sort of yeast did you use? how much sugar ? what sort of juice ?

Manku,

The bottle that you have racked your new wine into is too big.. there is too much air space above your wine, the wine will go off before it will clear.

Please read the online books that Tom pointed out to you in your earlier posted questions. They will help you organise suitable equipment for your experiments and also explain how to keep your wine from oxidising.

Allie

Thanks both of u for replying. :D

Yes Allie you are right, after u have told me I get the point and relaised that yes that is a big mistake, but next time it will be happen as now I know that it is silly, thanks. Yes when ever I get time I read some books which were given by Luc and Admin. :h

Tall Grass, I am not very sure that it is a vinegar taste or what but it don't taste very good and u cannot even drink 1 full glass (100 ml), let it be that is just to see how much I can see , now I will learn and make. I learned many thing from this experiement which I cannot learn by just reading and reading.

I have tasted it gave me some strange taste and also alcohol feeling tooo .... :b

Bread yeast was used (10gm in both bottle)
About 200gm sugar was used
Red Grape juice was used (ready made) 200ml packed.

I haven't used plastic because it can be danger, because of low end plastic problem, I don't know what chemical is used and this might be spoile my wine. I m looking for glass things now. The other thing is that I don't want to spend much money now.

Because I m living 500 Km away from my House, Studing and I cannot spend much money on wine making because I get limited money per month.

But never mind I will now learn more for more good results ..... :r

Ok bye bye take care .... meet later

Last edited:
I'm going to be blunt Manku.

There is a huge library of information here online. Look through it and also search topics that work for you.

Allie

Last edited:
Don't say like that Allie, that I just call experiment that can be a wrong word for it, but I don't mean that I will make one time and that's it,no.

I mean to say here in my surrounding no one is to guide me or teach me, because in India things are different and thinking about alcohol is also different, u cannot just drink like u r eating food, means our older people don't think it is good, that's why.

That is why i keep the amount of my wine to that much, because I was also thinking that if it get spoiled because of my first time experience then my money and work will be wasted. Now I can go for at least 2 - 4 litres. Thanks to this forum & members like You.

Don't get me wrong sorry if I hurt u or anyone in this forum, but I don't means that if u get me wrong.

Bye bye meet later .... thanks for ur support.

I'm not trying to discourage you Manku.. Just saying that such a small amount of wine is going to prove difficult to make and clear without losing almost all of your wine in the racking process.

I see that alcohol is culturally different for you now.. I didn't realise that..

a 2-4 litre batch is a much better size to experiment with

Allie :h

What you are tasting is a young wine and or the yeast still in suspension. Wine is 1 of those things that will just get way better as it ages and you will most likely be suprised at how much better it can get.

yes I have kept it in that big bottle and packed it, I m noticing it that the color is getting darker and darker (in a very little amount) everyday .... Hope that after 15 days or so it will be good enough to drink, Now some kind of smell is coming may be vinegar or I dont know that. So i m waiting for it and if it can clear. :h

Now when I make my second batch Allie sure it will be of 2 - 4 litre, and I will first get ready with all the equipments which are needed and then I will go. :b

I m looking for mead now, hope it can work or I will go for kilju, since both of them require very less things to start. :D that's why hope everything go ok :r

Bye bye every one take care ......

Latest posts

Back