My version of the enolmatic

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fiftyoon look at picture on #40, on page 4, it shows, pretty clearly, the setup to filter and bottle wine at the same time and how that small connection you describe is connected to the overflow container with tubing, which is connected with 2nd tube, directly to the vacuum pump.

If you look on page 5, #50, the last picture which shows the entire nozzle stand along with 2 other nozzles, black in color, you will see on the one I made myself which is painted brown, you will see I drilled 2 holes for the spring. The lower one is 6 inches down from center of hole that bolt goes thru to hole nozzle and the next hole up is 4 1/4 " down from the center of the hole the bolt goes thru to hold the nozzle. On the 2 black ones you see in the picture the slot for the spring to go thru is down 6" from center of hole that bolt goes thru to hold nozzle. That is the first hole I drilled for spring on brown one I made and I found using that hole, 6" down, the spring had too much spring tension and I needed needle nose pliers to be able to stretch the spring to connect it to the black arm. So I drilled a second hole 4 1/4 inches down from the center of the hole that the bolt that holds the nozzle goes thru. At that distance I undo and put on the spring just using my fingers and it works fine for me when I bottle. I never use the hole that is 6" down. You can adjust, if you want, how much pressure the nozzle is pushing down on the opening of the bottle by adjustments on the nozzle. Hope that answers your question and look at the last picture on page 5, #50.

Michael.

Hello,,
I'm new to this blog and just purchased a nozzle for the Enolmatic
I also want to build my own filler but I'm somewhat lost when it comes to understanding how the nozzle is suppose to work
My biggest problem is that I'm blind and can't see any drawings or videos
If anyone is willing to explain it to me, that would be very much appreciated
Thanks

Hello,,
I'm new to this blog and just purchased a nozzle for the Enolmatic
I also want to build my own filler but I'm somewhat lost when it comes to understanding how the nozzle is suppose to work
My biggest problem is that I'm blind and can't see any drawings or videos
If anyone is willing to explain it to me, that would be very much appreciated
Thanks
Think of the nozzle as you would a tee fitting. It has three openings; top, bottom and side.

The bottom opening has a rubber seal that creates an air tight seal to the bottle you’re filling.

The opening on the side gets a piece of tubing attached that runs into your clear wine, ready to be bottled.
This has to stay submerged for the vacuum to work.

The top opening gets a piece of tubing that is then connected to your vacuum pump.

The vacuum pump evacuates the air inside the tubing and the bottle creating negative pressure inside the tubing and bottle, which the wine rushes in to fill.

If you allow the bottle to fill completely, the vacuum pump will continue to evacuate the tubinh connected to the top and wine will rush up that tubing and reach your vacuum pump.
You need to break the vacuum before that happens.
Once the vacuum is broken, the wine will stay put.
You can break the vacuum by pulling the tubing out of your wine supply, or breaking the seal between the nozzle and the bottle.

Is that helpful?

Think of the nozzle as you would a tee fitting. It has three openings; top, bottom and side.

The bottom opening has a rubber seal that creates an air tight seal to the bottle you’re filling.

The opening on the side gets a piece of tubing attached that runs into your clear wine, ready to be bottled.

The top opening gets a piece of tubing that is then connected to your vacuum pump.

The vacuum pump evacuates the air inside the tubing and the bottle creating negative pressure inside the tubing and bottle, which the wine rushes in to fill.

If you allow the bottle to fill completely, the vacuum pump will continue to evacuate the tubinh connected to the top and wine will rush up that tubing and reach your vacuum pump.
You can break the vacuum by pulling the tubing out of your wine supply, or breaking the seal between the nozzle and the bottle.

Is that helpful?

Is that helpful?

Hi FunkedOut,

Thank you for the reply.

I understand all related to the pump, where to hook up the hoses, the vacuum created in the bottle etc.

I built my own vacuum transfer system and have been using it to transfer from carboy to carboy.

Now that I heard about this nozzle, I purchased it and I want to use it with my vacuum transfer system.

What I do not know is how is the nozzle attached to the stand, how does it move up and down to accommodate the bottle size.

The nozzle comes with an arm and a spring, where do you hook it?

When you place the nozzle in the bottle, what makes it push down to open the flow, what makes stay open until the level in the bottle riches the preset level?

BTW, my understanding is that it is supposed to stop the flow automatically when the bottle is full, set by the thumb nut on the top of the nozzle.

Am I right?

Thanks

There is a linkage that connects the nozzle to the stand. Two flat pieces of plastic that straddle the stand with a cross pin through the entire assembly. Same construction on the nozzle side. Both ends of that linkage rotate, enabling the nozzle to raise and lower while keeping the nozzle vertical. There’s not a lot of travel, so gross height changes will have to be made on the stand itself.

The spring hooks onto the linkage described above, pulling down towards a lower attachment point on the stand.

I don’t actually own one of these, so I cannot answer the rest of your questions.

There is a linkage that connects the nozzle to the stand. Two flat pieces of plastic that straddle the stand with a cross pin through the entire assembly. Same construction on the nozzle side. Both ends of that linkage rotate, enabling the nozzle to raise and lower while keeping the nozzle vertical. There’s not a lot of travel, so gross height changes will have to be made on the stand itself.

The spring hooks onto the linkage described above, pulling down towards a lower attachment point on the stand.

I don’t actually own one of these, so I cannot answer the rest of your questions.

Thank you FunkedOut, your comments made a lot of sense to me.

The nozzle came with the arm and the spring, so it was not so difficult to build a prototype.

Tested it today and it worked, I just need to make some improvements on the vertical travel.

Need to come up with some way to keep the nozzle from moving sideways.

I will also add a vacuum switch to shut off the pump when the bottle is full.

Thanks again

I have made a three unit filler with the enolmatic heads. I am having issues with fill rates because they are filling too full, see picture. I am gravity feeding the unit. Tips?IMG_0728.JPGIMG_0728.JPG

I have made a three unit filler with the enolmatic heads. I am having issues with fill rates because they are filling too full, see picture. I am gravity feeding the unit. Tips?View attachment 55498View attachment 55499
I suspect that it has to do with the fact that the nozzles were designed for vacuum filling.
Gravity filling rate depends on the height of the source, I experienced this myself.
BTW, is the filling rate and level consistant among the three heads?

Is that the pet the screws in the top? If so, I did try that and it didn’t have any affect.

I have a vacuum pump that I have tried before from harbor freight, but it left too much foam in the bottle.

Is that the pet the screws in the top? If so, I did try that and it didn’t have any affect.

I have a vacuum pump that I have tried before from harbor freight, but it left too much foam in the bottle.
I did some more testing today and it looks like I have problems with the level fill too.
The level is not consistent and the adjustment on the top doesn't make much difference.
My level is about 1-1/2" no matter what I do and this is too high, it touches the cork.
I wonder if the original works all the time, or you need to watch it to get the proper level.
The manual says:
“Warning : to maintain a constantly precise filling, after ENOLMATIC has filled the bottle and the foam eliminated, rapidly remove the bottle out of the nozzle”
I hope someone who figured it out already will chime in with some sound advice.

I did some more testing today and it looks like I have problems with the level fill too.
The level is not consistent and the adjustment on the top doesn't make much difference.
My level is about 1-1/2" no matter what I do and this is too high, it touches the cork.
I wonder if the original works all the time, or you need to watch it to get the proper level.
The manual says:
“Warning : to maintain a constantly precise filling, after ENOLMATIC has filled the bottle and the foam eliminated, rapidly remove the bottle out of the nozzle”
I hope someone who figured it out already will chime in with some sound advice.
I made some changes to my setup and thinks look better now.
I added a speed controller for the vacuum pump and now I can control the flow.
If I slow down the flow rate, the fill level can be adjusted to around 2" but if I do not remove the bottle immediately, it has the tendency to overfill.
Is it suppose to do that, do you need to watch it, or is it suppose to fill to the level set no matter what.
if someone out there can clarify this, it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

I've never used the filler, but according to the instructions, the bottles tend to overfill if they are not removed "rapidly".

Attachments

• ISTRUZIONI ENOLMATIC - INGLESE.pdf
    436.8 KB · Views: 12
I've never used the filler, but according to the instructions, the bottles tend to overfill if they are not removed "rapidly".
Thank you stickman, you are right on.
I believe this is very important.
A friend who has hands-on experience with the Enolmatic, came over today and told me the same thing.

Latest posts

Back