My Peach Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwine

Junior
Reaction score
A friend today hooked me up with 1 bushel of tree ripened peaches for 18 dollars didn't think that was to bad of a price. They were very soft to the touch and very sweet. I juiced 2/3 the bushel and got 2.5 gals of juice, then I placed all the peelings and fiber in a cheese cloth bag and dropped it in the juice. I thinking it should be tasty if all goes well. Here is the recipe I used.

2.5 - gal of peach juice
1.25 - gal of water
1 - Cheese Cloth Bag of peach fiber and peel
6 - pounds of Sugar
4 - tsp Yeast Nutrient
2 - tsp Yeast Energizer
2 - tsp Pectin Enzyme
2 - tsp Acid blend
4 - tsp Bentonite
4 - Camden Tablets
1 - Yeast 1116

SG was 1.08 to start with. Will check it again tomorrow when I pitch the yeast.

Last edited:
Opps LOL yes I meant tsp. I also will be pitching the yeast today using 1116.

Do you think that amount of juice will leave the wine with a good flavor?

so you used your bentonite at the beginning? i have not used a clearing agent yet...as with the other two "peach" posts, keep us posted on smells, lol

Yes the bentonite will help drop more solids out during primary fermentation letting you leave more of those bigger solids that can spoil in the bucket which allows you to be more free with not having to rack your wine once its done fermenting in the carboy and letting it compact more.

I add the bentonite to help with clearing at a later stage, I also heard that it help to stimulate the yeast better. I also read your post concerning your smelly peaches, now you have me worried my wife will not like that at all..LOL

I add the bentonite to help with clearing at a later stage, I also heard that it help to stimulate the yeast better. I also read your post concerning your smelly peaches, now you have me worried my wife will not like that at all..LOL

my hubby didn't like it either, lol, but thankfully, once primary fermentation done, and racked to secondary, smell goes alll away! i do have some clearing going on, but slowly. i have ordered 2 different clearing agents. when they come in, i'll be back on, asking for advice, lol.

One day after adding the yeast its fizzing like crazy, still smells good no fowl odors yet, just a yeastie smell.

Try and keep the temp down to retain the fruity esters on fruits like this, a vigorous fermentation can really burn out a lot of flavor. I ferment my white wines and fruit wines like this around mid 60's until the sg reaches about 1.020 and then get the temp back p to make sure it finishes.

Try and keep the temp down to retain the fruity esters on fruits like this, a vigorous fermentation can really burn out a lot of flavor. I ferment my white wines and fruit wines like this around mid 60's until the sg reaches about 1.020 and then get the temp back p to make sure it finishes.

The best I can do right now is 72° which is very stable.

Update: 48 hours later the SG is now reading 1.025 seems to be going quick. Still now foul smell, placed a lid on with a air lock. Temp still 72°.

Update: SG reading now at .995 thats as low as I want it to go. Filtered it through cheese cloth to get rid of any large particals from the peaches. Added sufites and sorbate to stabilize. I had to place it back into the primary for now all my carboys are filled up and I am waiting on my new 3 gal carboy I got from Amazon that was list on this site classified thread, should be here Sat. So it should be ok, I have the lid on and a airlock in place. Still no foul odor from the peach, it just smells really peachy... When I transfer to the carboy I will post pictures.

sounds ok

are U gonna add a f-pac and back sweeten?

Latest posts

Back