My Oh my,,, it's finally happened.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
It's hard to believe, but it has finally happened..
After almost two years of trying everything but lying,,,
I've finally gotten a JOB..

Had to go thru a temp agency to get into the back door of walmart after being shot down because of a 20 year old indescretion.
Only down side is that I got up at 4am like every morning,,, and now have to go to work at 10pm tonight.
Anything is good though,
after waiting for months,
I've given up on hitting the LOTTO or getting that government recession stimulus check in the mail.

AWESOME!! Big hug darl...

about time too..is it fulltime? 40 hours a week?

don't worry about the hours.. someone else will leave eventually and you could get first shot at daylight hours.

Allie:bt

Good for you, my sister is working at Walmart in NC and loves it. The only thing that stinks is the fact they dont offer full time to avoid some benefits.

There isn't any drafting companies that are looking for a good draftsman. How about the state, I know NC has draftsmen that work for the state.
I am glad you got yourself some work, its just a shame that someone with a background in such a specialized field can't find something in that field.

At least now you can get some discounts on the fruits and first dibs on the throw away fruits that are still good for wine making. (shhhh I know I shouldn't have said that out loud)

EDIT:
Wade what city in NC is she working?

Good for you. Glad to hear. Now only if I could find one. I have avoided Walmart like the plague in the past. Their head hunters had contacted me several times in the past when I had a job for a regional position that I passed on. Wish they would call me now!

Yea man really glad for you too. I too keep searching. I did at least have an interview today.

,,, and now have to go to work at 10pm tonight.
QUOTE]

That's good news! Now you can pick berries all day and make wine in the warehouse at night. You should have everything you need back there.... juicers, tubing, buckets, sugar, water.......:)

awesome news! working in the medical field, sometimes u don't realize the troubles some people have getting jobs (nothing like sick people for job security, sadly), but i recently stopped at a local dominoes (instead of the usual 20-something run pizza hut) and there were two grown men running it! prob. in their 50's or 60's. i've never been treated so respectfully and in an ultra -timely manner in a pizza place! now, hmmm, wonder where i'm gonna get pizza at next??...no brainer!

I did survive my first over nighter. Can't say I wasn't tired around 4am..
We put together shelves in the garden section and moved full shelves around. They are in the middle of a on going remodel to an old, old store.
This week had 32 hours planned, and I'm hoping that the manager where the wife and daughter works picks me up like she has been saying.
But for right now, anything is better that what was before.
Only problem right now is I haven't gotten this drinking thing figured out yet.
So far since yesterday's fix I haven't had any coffee which I'm certain my caffiene headache will remind me of, and I haven't had any wine or stronger spirits either.
I will figure out my routine if I keep these nights up.
I will still keep doing plans, it will be that I can be a lot more selective on who's work I do.
Paybacks are hell for those who would use the bad times to do their best to cut my fees for their benefit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back