My novel use for un-Stabalized Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth8530

The Atomic Wine Maker
Reaction score
Ohkk, so i had some Tropical Goose Punch ferementing and i decided i wanted some bread... I was so very hungry afterall.
Soo i poured a heapfull of flower into a, bowl added in a healthy heaping of honey, and then i realized i was missing something..... What could it be??? AHA! YEAST!
So where was i to find a healthy active colony of yeast? I dug through the cabinents to no availl... Untill my eyes fell apon my Tropical Goose Punch which im fermenting inside of a 2 liter bottle... I poured about a cup and a half of it into my bread mix and VIOLA! Healthy bready fermentation making my dough rise!

So im gona have some honey TGP Flavoured bread sometime tonight when it gets done rising. I bet this would work great with a red wine or something on a non sweet bread.

Only you brother! Only you! LOL

I cant laugh to loud though. Not to long ago, I made some buttermilk bread using Red Star Montrachet yeast. It was actually pretty darn good.

But you take the cake, and the bread!!! LOL again.

rofl lol, your not the only one who has thought about using wine yeast as bakers yeast. i wonder what would happen if you let it ferment the bread dough dry lol

It was actually quite good, had a very unique taste. I am not much of a baker so i didnt continue the experiment. But it did work quite well.

No I am not the only one. I googled it first before I tried it.

"using wine or beer yeast for bread", I think, it was a while ago.

hmm not a bad idea at all. I bet you could make some rally good cakes using a fruit wine as both the liquid and the fermentation medium

Latest posts

Back