My newest project “car”

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the lettering on, but also figured out I have a problem. It starts, stops, runs, but it is staying in low gear. There is a variable pulley that I think is bad, which will entail some disassembly to replace. I wish I knew more about mowers before I started.
I’m picking up the WWII shovel and other gear this week and have some hood latches coming in as well. The numbers are the birth months of the grandchildren.

16D6A695-18D1-4865-82BA-5DDD7AE809F5.jpeg
53272380-17A5-4F90-B292-AFE9ACE13063.jpeg

Norcal, that is just beautiful. You should be very proud of your work. I was going to suggest the serial number should be your grand children's birthday's. Great minds?

One more suggestion, if I may. On the front bumper, why not have "DKR" on the left as you face the jeep and either "HQ1" or "HQ6," on the right? The reason for the two different vehicle numbers is I have seen both used for the Commanding Officer's vehicle.

Norcal, that is just beautiful. You should be very proud of your work. I was going to suggest the serial number should be your grand children's birthday's. Great minds?

One more suggestion, if I may. On the front bumper, why not have "DKR" on the left as you face the jeep and either "HQ1" or "HQ6," on the right? The reason for the two different vehicle numbers is I have seen both used for the Commanding Officer's vehicle.
Thanks Rocky. I’m on the look out for some thick hemp rope to wrap around the front bumper, like I see on some of these older photos.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something.... BUT.....In this case.... I'd say it was a perfect reason.

You've done a great job and it's been fun following along. Now you just have to post the grandkids taking a ride.

Thanks Rocky. I’m on the look out for some thick hemp rope to wrap around the front bumper, like I see on some of these older photos.
On jeeps of my time in the Service ('64-'67), we had wire cable with "C" hooks on both ends. Some jeeps even had power winches. I think the WWII era jeeps had the heavy rope, but I am not sure.

Sometimes one belt drives the transmission and the mower deck. You may need a shorter belt without the deck on there
The only belt that went to the deck came directly from the motor, so good there. It has new belts, idler pulleys and checked the routing, but I just didn’t even know there was a variable pulley or I would have checked that too. I reached underneath and I couldn’t move the side of the pulley that should be moving, so it gives me more confidence that the pulley is the problem. It will have to sit for a while waiting for the new pulley, which will hopefully be the fix.

I found the pedal was hitting the body, causing it to go at a reduced speed. Got it fixed. Painted the trailer to match. Will be making angled wheel fenders out of metal, add some small lettering on the back and at some point, paint all the wheels the same color.
074AF829-2F81-471C-AF3C-11B9BDFD85D7.jpeg

Latest posts

Back