My new project car

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose a better answer would be that the Rootes Group was a hodgepodge of car makers and designers that made short runs of variations of their typical models to appeal to car enthusiasts. They used a lot of different parts from different car companies. The 4 cylinder engine in my car was designed by Ferrari and there was a stamp in the door sill that said Ferrari Coach Works. That didn't mean that the car was built by Ferrari, by the Rootes Group folks hoped the involvement with Ferrari would booster sales (as I understand it). If you delve into British sports cars, you may find just about anything.

I love the Healey. Wish I still had mine. It was a 1960 3000 Mk1 BN7. Triple side drafts with electric overdrive. And had aluminum body parts. Serial number 960. It still had some left over 100-6 parts, which I figured out as I went through it. Have you had any issues with the rear end on that TR6? I almost bought an original AC with out an engine for 6k several years ago. I just had to many irons in the fire at the time.

Came across this thread. It’s now a running driving reliable (as reliable as a 50+ year old British car can be) car. I went through the brakes,electrical, fuel and ignition systems. Put a window in and a new top that came with the car. I moved one of the exhaust pipes around to make dual exhaust and handmade a shifter, similar to the tiger. Working on the interior and started with the dash and inside panels, all which I made. Carpet is next.

I picked up a Ford 289 motor that I’m toying with building for this car.
0E21B5A6-153B-4967-8E2D-1E300F5BC375.jpeg
6D3DA65C-FA9B-43BC-907D-06F4B1BEED19.jpeg
23F4C464-7AE0-4190-BB8D-F41FED6D09F8.jpeg
79067F59-D510-4C2E-8D22-C1678692B6CF.jpeg

Came across this thread. It’s now a running driving reliable (as reliable as a 50+ year old British car can be) car. I went through the brakes,electrical, fuel and ignition systems. Put a window in and a new top that came with the car. I moved one of the exhaust pipes around to make dual exhaust and handmade a shifter, similar to the tiger. Working on the interior and started with the dash and inside panels, all which I made. Carpet is next.

That's a beauty of an engine! Looking forward to see what's next!

Every year (but not this year), here in Ohio, we have a big get together and road race on South Bass Island at a place called Put in Bay. Quite a lot of fun for those that appreciate aging automotive engineering. I've included the link, in case you would like to come.

https://www.pibroadrace.com/

I’ve been driving the Sunbeam and while there are some car meet-ups, I’ll wait until COVID is under control. I built an engine stand and I’m getting close to starting the 289. Still not sure if it is going in the Sunbeam. Here is a picture of me and my granddaughter, who is a big fan of the car
4DF82876-6F28-4040-B6BE-5D5DEFD06E9B.jpeg

With the recent move to 4 acres and the need to revive an arena and prepare to move our horses, I decided that the Sunbeam was going to take a back burner. I listed the car and the motor on Craigslist.

The 289 motor sold right away and the Sunbeam found a new home as well. He lived 150 miles away and when he showed up to pick it up without a trailer, I told him he was brave. It is a 54 year old British car and while I did put 500 miles on it, the miles were all 10 miles from home. I was happy to hear he made it home and the “car ran great”. I see taking a few year break from the car hobby, but still hope to own a Porsche 356 some day.
629E3495-EDF3-4614-B705-0916D9B8BF28.jpeg

My new project is reconditioning this left behind yard trailer.

6309A0A2-8733-4855-8867-BB5F744B1B49.jpeg

With the recent move to 4 acres and the need to revive an arena and prepare to move our horses, I decided that the Sunbeam was going to take a back burner. I listed the car and the motor on Craigslist.

The 289 motor sold right away and the Sunbeam found a new home as well. He lived 150 miles away and when he showed up to pick it up without a trailer, I told him he was brave. It is a 54 year old British car and while I did put 500 miles on it, the miles were all 10 miles from home. I was happy to hear he made it home and the “car ran great”. I see taking a few year break from the car hobby, but still hope to own a Porsche 356 some day.
View attachment 79289

My new project is reconditioning this left behind yard trailer.

View attachment 79290

You'll need it to haul what the horses leave behind, if you catch my drift. And don't ask how I know.........

I put a "sad" smiley, but that was meant to be supportive. A very understandable decision! Good luck with all of the other projects, but I know that, with your talent, you won't need luck!

Latest posts

Back