My grapes are threatened!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam/Jeff

Junior
Reaction score
I recently started growing grapes in the backyard to help decorate a homemade trellis, and have had a great year with my muscadine grapes. Even got to harvest some, and was very impressed with the taste. However, it looks like one of the plants is recently struggling, and i’m worried it’s dying. I’ve noticed some bugs have swarmed it, and thought maybe this is the cause, but don’t know why they are, and worried that this may cause the vine to die. Has anyone seen this and know how to treat them?

Attachments

• 7BE11327-7C94-48DD-8F5F-8421B9ABB814.jpeg
    7BE11327-7C94-48DD-8F5F-8421B9ABB814.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
That’s what I’ve been dealing with on three of my Pinio Gris vines . I hit them with a leathal dose of sevin spray . 1 tbs per gallon of water . All I had was a quart container. Haven’t had problems with anything in 10 days since the application. I also have young non-fruiting plants right now .

Thanks for the tips! Have dogs that run around out there, so going to try the diatomaceous earth first, and if that doesn’t work, move to sevin and keep an eye on the pets. I’ll report back!

Back