My First Malbec

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker

Reaction score
Finally got to taste Chilean Malbec it in a restaurant. If there is juice from Chili this year, I'll definitely do some. The taste is dry and distinctive. My taste buds never taste all the cherries & blueberries & whatever other fruity flavors are said to be in wine. However, I know a good wine when I taste it. Malbec is good. You were right Tom.

Rich, You can always stop by my place for Chilean wine. I have a "decent" selection in my wine cellar.

I'm a big malbec fan, but I've only ever had one chilean malbec, and I did not like it as much as the argentinian ones I've had. I may have just chosen the wrong one though.

On a side note, I had a South African Pinotage the other night, and I loved it.

Hope the vineyards in chile weren't too damaged by the earthquake

I love the Malbec myself and is one of the staples in my cellar. It was my first Grapes adventure and it went pretty smooth as far as ph, ta and malo.

I'm a big malbec fan, but I've only ever had one chilean malbec, and I did not like it as much as the argentinian ones I've had. I may have just chosen the wrong one though.

On a side note, I had a South African Pinotage the other night, and I loved it.

In Bonefish Restaurant, a Chilean. Since this was my first, obviously, never had the Argentinean variety.

I also love the Chilean Malbec.Last spring we made a blend with merlot that is aging in fench oak for almost a year now.Its got big Counnoessss!!!!

Latest posts

Back