my first forum - ever!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankr3

Junior
Reaction score
I have been making wine now for 6 years (dog years). My wife and I make about 150 gallons a year, mostly grapes. We also make juice and kits - just for the experience. Our entire basement is a wine factory. We have a fermentation room, a tank room and a new 1300 bottle storage room.
I teach wine making at the local adult ed programs. We also make lemoncello, olives and stuffed peppers - vinegar is next.
we are in the AWS, have been to Napa for the winemaker magazine conference, take local claases with local chapter, know some great wine makers (includes Wade), and constantly read. just visited the finger lakes in NY and found some new whites we are going to make.
yes, I am addicted to wine making, luckily my wife also has the same habit.

Frankr3

welcome frank!
sounds like ur in the right place! can't wait to hear more about ur winemaking facility!

Its about freaking time!!!!!!!!!! Everyone, this is my friend Frank and he makes some damn good wine from grapes and is teaching me his way as he has more knowledge then me in this area due to me not really having the equipment until now but now that I have my crusher/destemmer and press I have to play catch up.

I think we all need some pictures of this great wine makers operations

By the way welcome aboard maybe you can teach more of us something

Everyone, this is my friend Frank and he makes some damn good wine from grapes and is teaching me his way as he has more knowledge then me in this area due to me not really having the equipment until now but now that I have my crusher/destemmer and press I have to play catch up.

Wade, that is one long run on sentence.

Welcome aboard Frank.

I have been making wine now for 6 years (dog years). My wife and I make about 150 gallons a year, mostly grapes. We also make juice and kits - just for the experience. Our entire basement is a wine factory. We have a fermentation room, a tank room and a new 1300 bottle storage room.
I teach wine making at the local adult ed programs. We also make lemoncello, olives and stuffed peppers - vinegar is next.
we are in the AWS, have been to Napa for the winemaker magazine conference, take local claases with local chapter, know some great wine makers (includes Wade), and constantly read. just visited the finger lakes in NY and found some new whites we are going to make.
yes, I am addicted to wine making, luckily my wife also has the same habit.

Frankr3

Welcome.. Whats fermenting??

Frankr3 welcome to our family. It seems that we have an new expert to show us how. Great. :b

ps; Is me grmr ok?

Hi Frank,

Wow, the whole basement! this has to be an awesome operation. Welcome to winemakingtalk

here are some pics of our wine making setup in our basement.
enjoy and questions are welcome.
frankr3

100_3684.jpg

100_3682.jpg

Franks photos watermark-02.jpg

100_3077.jpg

Welcome.. Whats fermenting??

currently getting ready to bottle:
merlot, tempranillo, old vine zinf, cab-merlot-malbec blend, zinf-tempranillo blend, orange muscat

chilean malbec grapes in aging

chilean cab franc still in malo

Great set up!
Now did Wade make those wine racks?

no, I could not ask any of my friends to do all that work. I built the room, but the racks are massive work. I bought them from Quality wine and ale supply.

Not one but 2 conditioned rooms! Just rub it why dont you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Latest posts

Back