my first forum - ever!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank all I can say is WOW! Man would I like to come over and play some time! I noticed you have some bottles facing the opposite direction as others on your racks. Is this a aging thing referance or just the way the racks are built? Awesome basement you have!:br

bordeaux bottles have straight sides and tall shoulders. they will sit in the rack safely as they lean forward. the sharp shoulder will stop the bottle from sliding forward.
The burgundy bottles have gently sloping shoulders. if you sit them in the same rack they will slide forward further and the back larger end will fall off the back support and you have a crash. I place the burgundy bottles backwards so they safely sit without any chance on falling off their seat.
long explanation, but a safe way to store your bottles on rack with a front to back taper (which is common)

Ok that makes sense. I believe some folks that have the square wine racks with the X's in them also do this sometimes with the burgandy bottles for the same reason.

I do see some burgundy bottles that are filled laying forward though. I kn ow the few with foil on them are empty ones so those dont move much.

Frank, you have a serious problem going! There is a guy near here that has converted his whole basement like that. One thing led to another and he turned it into a small commercial winery! Great tos see your setup.

Frank, you have a serious problem going! There is a guy near here that has converted his whole basement like that. One thing led to another and he turned it into a small commercial winery! Great tos see your setup.
I know you say that through experience Grapeman... :try

Frank
Could you post a couple of photos of the fermintation tank lids with the inflatable seals?

Latest posts

Back