My first competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flem

Reaction score
After 3 years of winemaking, I decided to enter some of my favorites in the American Wine Society's Pittsburgh Conference, Amateur Wine Making Competition.
I received a: silver medal for a 2011 Carmenere
bronze medal for a 2011 Merlot (my very first wine)
bronze medal for a 2011 Pinot Noir
bronze medal for a 2012 Chilean Malbec

Congrats Mike , I also entered a couple but I guess they weren't as good as yours. I entered similar wines but mine were as I prefer them , med sweet, just curious we're your dry?

Al

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Thanks, Al. As you probably remember, I like my wines bone dry. Especially my reds. I'm sure yours were great. I've sampled a few. Are you going to L'uva Bella for the meet and greet?

Wish I could, already had other plans made. Not doing any spring Chilan wine this year as exceeded my limit last spring.... Starting to think about the fall harvest though & getting some juices from up in Dan's area. The Niagara & Concord I made a few years ago are becoming really tasty now! Med Sweet, of course....... If plans change, we may drive up to Luva Bella just to to visit & have lunch, It would be nice to see everyone again.........:b

Al

Great job Flem. Pittsburgh competition is an excellent event. You should be very proud. The judges notes in the past have been a bit informal and but still helpful. I entered three this year and earned bronze on my off dry Rubio (Valpolicello/Cab. Sauv/Merlot) and my Nebbliolo. My Pinot Grigio must have been a bit light to have earned recognition. And you'rer right this hobby is loads of fun. Congrats again.

Latest posts

Back