Quantcast

My first bottling

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
Jon and I bottled the Vinter's Harvest Strawberry Sat. I was dissapointed in the fruity flavor had pretty much gone by by. We should of made a f-pac! It was OK but thin and somewhat flat. Oh and it was very gassy too. We stirred it for a while and it seemed to stop bubbling but when we bottled it there were the bubbles on the inside of the bottles. Live and learn I say. I mentioned to my wife that we needed to get a whip and got that look :Dagain ha ha. I am going to try the Black Current next since Wade says it is the best Vinter's has to offer. Here is hoping my Loganberry turns out better.:b The Port. floor corker is a must have!!

Tom

Reaction score
We all learn as we make different wines. With fruit wines you really need a F-Pac and backsweetening. Degassing is just as important. Get the degasser with the metal shaft. It IS worth the extra $.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I concur with the metal shaft unless you are looking for a reason to go back to the supply store very soon! Was the strawberry a 5 or 3 gallon batch?

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Steve, you know why you got the "look"? Did you explain what the whip was for? Tisk Tisk.:D
Troy
:b

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
It was a 5 gallon recipe and no I did not get time to tell her what the whip was all about lol. :hIt turned out Ok and no doubt as it was supposed to I was dissapointed in the lack of flavour. I will be getting the whip asap. Thanks for all the help and try to stay sober Troy ha ha.:r

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah right, I think I know what you're trying to say Steve, I can read between the "vines"
:D

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
Hey Troy,
Ya know how I like puns!! :)The grocery store strawberry blows the can version away!! The f-pac made a good wine great!!:r
Oh and Wade, any reason to return to the supply store is a good reason ha ha.

Latest posts