My first Batch Banana Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good shot, A. Simon. Banana wine can be delicious even if it tends to start off looking like dish water. Curious about your recipe and process. But that said, - and I may be mistaken - that bottle looks as though you cannot read through the glass. For me banana wine is as clear as a Riesling

Good shot, A. Simon. Banana wine can be delicious even if it tends to start off looking like dish water. Curious about your recipe and process. But that said, - and I may be mistaken - that bottle looks as though you cannot read through the glass. For me banana wine is as clear as a Riesling
Thank you Bernard Smith, the recipe i used come out with that look

Love to know the recipe. I sometimes make banana wine using very, very ripe bananas and sometimes I make the wine using only the banana peel (but again, from banansas so ripe that the peel is black and the fruit is soft as jam. My guess is that banana wine in Tanzania is made and drunk far more commonly than here in the US. Am I wrong? I think that bananas grow profusely in Tanzania I know that there are traditional, historical and indigenous recipes for banana wine and I believe that various people working in the fields of wine production and microbiology in Africa are looking for ways to enhance wine production using fruits indigenous to that part of the planet and which might then compete with grape wine - and to my point about using only the peel, making wine from what would be otherwise a waste by-product of the bananas for food. In much the same way that some people make wine from whey that is a waste product from cheese making and where the effective removal of whey can cost a fortune. Making wine f(and spirits) from the waste product not only avoids the enormous costs of disposal but transforms those costs into a source of profit.

But that said, - and I may be mistaken - that bottle looks as though you cannot read through the glass.
Open the graphic in a viewer and blow it up. The wine is clearer than it appears in a small picture. I thought it was murky looking until I did so. The color is actually pretty.

@A. Simon, congrats on your first batch! Welcome to the fraternity!!!

Love to know the recipe. I sometimes make banana wine using very, very ripe bananas and sometimes I make the wine using only the banana peel (but again, from banansas so ripe that the peel is black and the fruit is soft as jam. My guess is that banana wine in Tanzania is made and drunk far more commonly than here in the US. Am I wrong? I think that bananas grow profusely in Tanzania I know that there are traditional, historical and indigenous recipes for banana wine and I believe that various people working in the fields of wine production and microbiology in Africa are looking for ways to enhance wine production using fruits indigenous to that part of the planet and which might then compete with grape wine - and to my point about using only the peel, making wine from what would be otherwise a waste by-product of the bananas for food. In much the same way that some people make wine from whey that is a waste product from cheese making and where the effective removal of whey can cost a fortune. Making wine f(and spirits) from the waste product not only avoids the enormous costs of disposal but transforms those costs into a source of profit.
You are right, i was thinking about it too, i tried once in smaller quantity with banana peel,

I used all natural ingredients, i will prepare a small paper to share with you if you love it.

Great job on your wine! I’ve done a lot of work in Kenya over the years and have always looked forward to those amazing bananas. They just taste so good. Would love to see a recipe when you have a moment. Fantastic label as well~ nicely done!

Thank you,
Great job on your wine! I’ve done a lot of work in Kenya over the years and have always looked forward to those amazing bananas. They just taste so good. Would love to see a recipe when you have a moment. Fantastic label as well~ nicely done!

Back