My corruption is complete

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadKarma

Hi-tech Redneck
Reaction score
I've been a member over at HBT for several years now and it would seem my evolution is complete. Since I scaled my brewing down to smaller batches my interest in wine and mead has taken off. So here I am to learn more.

I've brewed beer for over 10 years and look forward to trying my hand at wine.

Txbrew is a sneaky devil!!!! :tz

Welcome to the forum Karma. There are plenty of brewers here also. Please ask away as there is a ton of knowledge here and I am sure we have people that will be picking your brains also.:b

Thanks y'all. I'll gladly answer any questions I can.

I am now searching for any information on small scale winemaking. (2.5 gal and smaller) Moving to small scale batches has really upped the fun factor 10 fold. More brewing, less cleaning.

Welcome aboard. I just started my first beer last week. It's bubbling away in primary at the moment.
I think it's great to know how to do both.

I've been branching out for the last couple weeks. I've got a German hard cider 1 month in and I just put a 1 gallon batch of mead in the fermentor Friday. This coming weekend is a 2.5 gal Ordinary Bitters of my own recipe.

If it wasn't for brewing, I'd just sit and watch Golf!!!!!!

Now I brew and watch Golf. Kinda pathetic huh? :slp

hello Karma and welcome to the forum..

I enjoy smaller batches of wine too.. start collecting 1 gallon glass jugs.. they are brilliant for experimenting.

Allie

Welcome Karma, glad you found this side of the board. 2 1/2 gallon batches? Do you have some vessels for this? With wine making you really need to not have any headspace between your bung and the wine but Im guessing that you have a C02 setup and can dispace the missing volume. Just another graet thing about force carbing beer and having that set up around!

Welcome Karma, glad you found this side of the board. 2 1/2 gallon batches? Do you have some vessels for this? With wine making you really need to not have any headspace between your bung and the wine but Im guessing that you have a C02 setup and can displace the missing volume. Just another great thing about force carbing beer and having that set up around!

Hey Wade, no, I haven't gone to a keg system. I've been thinking about it, but I stop when I get to the part about what to do with all the kegs. Right now I've got 5 different brews to choose from in bottles. With a 2.5 gal system, that's only about a case of bottles each, which means a 12 pack in the cooler and cycle in what I take out. If I did that with kegs, space becomes an issue very quickly.

And thanks for the reminder about headspace. I guess I'll just fill up the 3 gal BB to the proper level!!!!

And yes I am scrounging as many 1 gal jugs I can find, right now I'm up to 12!!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back