My Christmas Story

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
Merry Christmas!

This year Christmas is a little different for me. I always post a picture of my Christmas tree on facebook and tell my story. It is about the star that shines on my tree. My star that I have had on my tree is the star that has been on my tree since I was a baby. My Mom had decided she was tired of that old star and bought a flashing round light topper so I asked her for that star and she gave it to me. That is the only topper that I have ever had on any of my trees. This star has greeted me every Christmas all thru my life. It has been there when I was born, it has been there while I grew up, it has been there when I got married and it has been there when I had my children. Every year it has been there but while it still works there is a huge hole in the center of it in the front and in the back. So I realized she needs to rest, I buy a new one. Not the same and I just did not like it. So I complained about not having my star that has been with me all thru my life. My daughter goes on a search to find me my star. And she does, actually two of them! She has them sent to me because she was living out of state at the time. Well I get the package and yes the stars are an exact replica of the one on top of my tree but they were not tree toppers, they were designed to screw into a socket of an old Christmas light! So I look at them and realized they can be torn apart, Mike and I take one apart and it fits over my star!!!!!! My family star still shines and lets me know no matter what happens thru the year, she will shine on top of my tree! This was three years ago. Last year one week before Christmas I get diagnosed with breast cancer, Wednesday after the new year, I have a mastectomy and start treatment, nine months of chemo then 6 weeks of radiation. I finished treatments in September and I AM cancer free and finally getting my strength back. So we put up our tree this year and I pull out my star and the bulb is blown, which I can replace, but the top half of the star is broken! I think I can fix it but I realize my star shined for me last year when I receive such horrible news and now my star is telling ,me I need to move on. So my husband and I’s favorite movie is The Christmas Story, so that is the star that I bought and now shines on my tree!!!!

upload_2017-12-22_9-21-30.png

Yes, May this year be a year of health, happiness and tranquility for you and your family, Julie... and for all of us who share this planet.

Thanks for sharing that great story, Julie. May you have health and happiness in 2018 and beyond.

Thanks for sharing Julie.
My wife was tested this year for the BRCA1 gene as it runs in her family. She tested positive, giving her 60-80% odds of getting breast cancer. So sometime in the next few months she'll have a double mastectomy and reconstruction (done at same time), and also ovaries/uterus out too. It will be traumatizing and a long rehab, but unlike you she won't have to do the chemo and the like as there is no cancer yet.

Bless you Julie for your personal story. One year at a time cancer free is our prayer for you.

Darlene and John

Here is wishing you and the rest of your family a very happy and Merry Christmas this year. Last year was terrible for you I am sure but so glad you got past the worst of it and can move on now. The tree is symbolic as you have come to learn and can be very therapeutic to get it up and remember the relevance of each and every ornament.

Thank you everyone. I hope all of you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back