My cabinet wine rack plans

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

JohnW

Reaction score
I built these pull out wine racks for my cabinet last year. Since they are a somewhat unique style I had to design them from scratch with some trial and error 🤔 . I really am pleased with how they came out so I am also including a pdf of the design in case somebody else wants to give it a try. Obviously nobody will have exactly the same cabinet size but the design can be easily modified for width - Just don't make them any less deep.

winebar.jpg

In order to keep the bottles from sliding around I used this product called CatTongue Non-abrasive grip strips where the bottles rest. Once I made the front, middle and back pieces I cut each down the middle, making two. It's a lot of hole cutting and I used a spindle sander to smooth them out when I finished. I used dovetails to attach the front and back pieces to the side rails but feel free to use whatever method you choose to join them. I attached my cad plan below.

Wine rack layout.jpg

Mcjeff

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice! Keeping this in mind for a future project! Thanks for sharing.

Khristyjeff

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I built these pull out wine racks for my cabinet last year. Since they are a somewhat unique style I had to design them from scratch with some trial and error 🤔 . I really am pleased with how they came out so I am also including a pdf of the design in case somebody else wants to give it a try. Obviously nobody will have exactly the same cabinet size but the design can be easily modified for width - Just don't make them any less deep.

View attachment 75921

In order to keep the bottles from sliding around I used this product called CatTongue Non-abrasive grip strips where the bottles rest. Once I made the front, middle and back pieces I cut each down the middle, making two. It's a lot of hole cutting and I used a spindle sander to smooth them out when I finished. I used dovetails to attach the front and back pieces to the side rails but feel free to use whatever method you choose to join them. I attached my cad plan below.

View attachment 75922
Very impressed. Thanks for sharing.