My Best Toy Ever...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My best toy ever... I have said that so many times. Today I had a lot of blending to do with 60 gallons of Chilean wine and I got to use my new lift table. I can not tell you how handy this was for mixing vessels and siphoning back into carboys.

I was so excited about this table I wasn't paying attention and screwed up a blend. I wanted the Pinot Noir left by itself but it is now merged with Barbera and Syrah. Still tastes good. Another triple blend I did I added about 6oz of sugar to with no Sorbate.

Any one want to bet pjd will be buying one before this years end. We seem to be a bad influence on each other. Actually I wonder who the worse influence is on this forum. Maybe Dangerdave?

lift cart 01.jpg

Lift cart 02.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be interested in seeing some pictures. Better yet, how about a video with the lift table in operation?

Seeing pictures? How many do you want? You can check it out at Harbor Freight. I got a great deal on it over Christmas for $135. It was on sale plus a 20% off coupon. This has a 500 pound rating. They have a bigger one with a 1000 pound rating but I didn't see the need for it for me. This is dedicated just for my wine making.

I don't have a need for one of these yet but I am definitely adding one to the wish list!

Hey Dan,

Just wondering if you could possibly (accidentally) hit the cart lever and drop the lift so fast to the ground it might possibly break the carboy?

Mike, I am using it as it came out of the box and it's working fine. Not too fast. However it is adjustable in case thats needed. more pics coming as I'm in the middle of brewing my port right now.

Nice!

I read about that cart in another thread and it's good to see it in action. Harbor Freight...here I come. :D

Seeing pictures? How many do you want? You can check it out at Harbor Freight. I got a great deal on it over Christmas for $135. It was on sale plus a 20% off coupon. This has a 500 pound rating. They have a bigger one with a 1000 pound rating but I didn't see the need for it for me. This is dedicated just for my wine making.

Thanks for the pics. I do get to Harbor Freight every now and then and will definately check it out.

Hey Dan,

Just wondering if you could possibly (accidentally) hit the cart lever and drop the lift so fast to the ground it might possibly break the carboy?

OK Mike I had it loaded up with my Brute and thought I would give it a try (you got me thinking about it). When it was all the way up I hit the lever. YIPPEE!! The heavier the load the slower it goes. Even with an empty carboy, it safely lowered.

Here's a few more pictures I promised. Knowing my biggest Brute would only hold about 50 gallons or less was the deciding factor on going with this cart with a rating of 500 pounds. Pictured is my 20 Gallon Brute with a batch of Port I just finished up. I'll let her sit for a few weeks before bottling. This may be my best one yet.

lift cart 03.jpg

lift cart 04.jpg

Sign up for harbor freight email and you will always have access to a 20% off coupon good for 1 item per visit. They do like to keep you supplied with "sale" items.
Scott

That looks like a great addition to you cellar Dano. I've thought about trying to rig something from the overhead joists but your solution seems quite practical.

BC

For the price you really can't go wrong especially there's so many other uses you could use it for. This is also a tool that if you did decide to get rid of it, I don't think you would have to take a beating on the price either.

I'll be heading to Harbor Freight when U get back from vacation. Thanks for the heads up on the email sign up.

Latest posts

Back