My banana wine stopped bubbling 5 days in

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman72

Reaction score
Hello, so I started a banana wine this is the recipe:
  • 4.5 litres Water
  • 1.4 kg / 3lb Bananas
  • 900g / 2lb Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp Tannin
  • 3 tsp Acid Blend
  • 1/2 tsp Pectic Enzyme
  • 1 tsp Yeast Nutrient
  • 1 Campden Tablet
  • 1/2 package of Champagne Yeast
I started with a SG reading at 1.100 and 5 days later it stopped bubbling and the SG reading is now 0.995

I have moved it from the Fermenter to a Carboy and have an airlock on it.

I was wondering maybe I should add more sugar to get it going more? or just let it clear etc..

Last edited:
Let it clear. It’s done. You could add more sugar but depending on the yeast it might not go anywhere.

Thanks, I thought so... But just making sure..

Here is what it looks like right now.

Attachments

• IMG_6337.jpg
    IMG_6337.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 28
Its probably because I'm new to wine making but bananas don't leap to the front of my mind when I think of wine...what is it like? I have a tough time thinking about what meal one would pair this with!

Your alcohol is approximately 13.78%, which is already a little high for many people, but acceptable. If you add more sugar the alcohol, can overpower fruit flavour: so I suggest to leave it alone.

Its probably because I'm new to wine making but bananas don't leap to the front of my mind when I think of wine...what is it like? I have a tough time thinking about what meal one would pair this with!
Think of this as any other beverage. Enjoyed out on the porch on a beautiful spring day. Paired with perhaps a second glass.

banana loaf,,, chicken & dumplings, peach cobbler,,, , or to relax under the shade tree, or at the poker table,,,
Dawg

Latest posts

Back