my 1st california connoisseur zinfandel blush..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitty

Junior
Reaction score
just purchased my 1sr california connoisseur zinfandel blush 30 ltr kit,it was a bit pricey for my first brew but thought what the hell,just hope i dont screw it up...lol...has anyone tried this kit....?

whitty:

When I ran a Ferment on Premises store it was fairly popular. Not what I would consider pricy. Calif Conn was almost the cheapest line in the store.

However, I consider it a very good choice for a first timer. Ready to drink young. If you like your Zin Blushes off-dry or sweet, you will have to sweeten it somehow. It does not come with a sweetening pack (at least it didn't 2-3 years ago).

Store.

ok thanks, i guess just add more sugar before i pitch the yeast....if thats right that is..........

ok thanks, i guess just add more sugar before i pitch the yeast....if thats right that is..........
If you add sugar prior to pitching the yeast that will increase the alcohol but not sweeten the wine. To sweeten, add after adding the K-meta and sorbate additives (packages 3 & 4).

Steve

Like cp said, you ill have to stabilize your wine with the supplied K-meta and sorbate and then sweeten with either a wine conditioner sold at any wine supply store or even better and cheaper, a simple syrup made of 2 parts sugar to 1 part boiling water and cooled down after dissolved.

Like cp said, you ill have to stabilize your wine with the supplied K-meta and sorbate and then sweeten with either a wine conditioner sold at any wine supply store or even better and cheaper, a simple syrup made of 2 parts sugar to 1 part boiling water and cooled down after dissolved.

Wade... I believe you are a disciple of using table sugar to back sweeten... I was wondering if it might be better to use lactose and/or maltose to minimize the possibility of any further fermentation?
HB

Latest posts

Back