Other MV Merlots

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmd2k1

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback from those that have made MV Merlots. They have 2 -- Reserve and Sommelier Select -- the later about 2x the cost of the former (..and twice the juice too).

Both seem to get excellent reviews on Midwest site.

Cheers!

I have done the Reserve (twice?) with tweaks as an earlier drinker while other things aged. Seems to go over very well and I have enjoyed my share. I served at book club gathering (~8 months of age) with a commercial option available; several bottles were killed after tastes of each option (can't remember what the commercial option was - clearly didn't go very high up the quality scale).

That said, I doubt they will ever be the quality of the SS in the long run. Depends on your goals.

I made the Somelier Select Nebbiolo, and I have been so far unimpressed. For a Nebbiolo it was incredibly light, and not very flavorful. I haven't bought any other SS wines for fear of the same. As you say, they are double the price. Not sure it's worth it.

That being said, I have only tried the one. Would be happy to know the others are good...

Latest posts

Back