Mustang wine troubles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schweinehund

Junior
Reaction score
Trying to bottle some mustang grape wine and it is unpleasantly sweet. With sg’s of 1.050 to 1.070. I would think it didn’t ferment but all 4 jugs I was cleaning out airlocks on regular basis from vigorous fermenting I would guess. I have another 5 gallon jug that taste similar that I did a different recipe all together with another crazy sg. Any ideas? Should I restart all these?

So I bottled 3 batches with normal readings(none grape) then last mustang recipe sweet and 1.092! WTHeck Have not experienced this in past years. All used different yeast so don’t think that problem was bad yeast. So to restart do I just pour back inTo fermentation buckets and re-add yeast?

At a minimum you probably want to use a yeast that metabolizes fructose well like Uvaferm UV43. Then follow directions for rehydrating it in water- Then when the temperature between the yeast and the wine is <10 degrees different start adding some of the wine (maybe 10%) to the rehydrated yeast. Wait 20 minutes and add 20% more, repeating until all the wine is added back to the new yeast mixture. Consider adding some non/low-DAP nutrient mixture. More detailed/better instructions are HERE.

Latest posts

Back