Muscadines needed!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrd5173

Beginner Winemaker
Reaction score
My father-in-law has tasted some of my wine I've made from kits and he now wants me to make some Muscadine wine for him. I'm local to Nashville, TN. Anyone know where I can get some Muscadines? Is the season already over? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You should be able to get some muscadines, they would be in their peak in your area or just slightly over. Good luck on finding any, you people southerns seem to hoard the muscadines. And if you could buy them the price is very hight. But I totally understand. Muscadine wine are big sellers.

Look around at any local vineyards you have in your area and see if they will allow you to pick.

Julie said:
You should be able to get some muscadines, they would be in their peak in your area or just slightly over. Good luck on finding any, you people southerns seem to hoard the muscadines. And if you could buy them the price is very hight. But I totally understand. Muscadine wine are big sellers.

Look around at any local vineyards you have in your area and see if they will allow you to pick.

Thanks for your info! (With a southern drawl)

Thanks for your info! (With a southern drawl)

LOL, I do love the southern drawl!!! You should tell your father-in-law that he needs to plant some muscadines if he wants wine from them. :)

Oh Eddie, you would make him a happy boy that's for sure.

Muscadines

My father-in-law has tasted some of my wine I've made from kits and he now wants me to make some Muscadine wine for him. I'm local to Nashville, TN. Anyone know where I can get some Muscadines? Is the season already over? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The season is not yet over. Most muscadines mature late in the season. Check with your dept of Ag. for u-pick farms.

Not sure how much the climate differs between Little Rock, AR and Nashville, TN, but as far as I know, the season is over in central and southern Arkansas. There may be some still available in the northern part of the state, so you may find some in TN.
Good Luck!

If you don't find any around Nashville, there is a guy just north of Huntsville, Al that has several hundred pound left for $1 per pound. Info is below. I am getting some Noble and Carlos from him.

Luke Hyde
214 ardwall rd
Toney, Al 35749

(615)604-0624

If you don't find any around Nashville, there is a guy just north of Huntsville, Al that has several hundred pound left for $1 per pound. Info is below. I am getting some Noble and Carlos from him.

Luke Hyde
214 ardwall rd
Toney, Al 35749

(615)604-0624
well if he had the time he could get a ton here for nothing other than gas to get here and time picking them. I've had people come and get close to 1/2 a ton picked in a day. Shoot I'd pick all a person wanted at a dollar a pound lol but like others have said they are just getting good and ripe here

Well I stand corrected. I was just at my LHBS at lunch today, and saw a newly posted sign offering U-pick muscadines (black & bronze) for $1 per gallon. That is a great price, as I usually get about 5 or 6 lbs to the gallon. So I guess there are still some available in central Arkansas.

Well I stand corrected. I was just at my LHBS at lunch today, and saw a newly posted sign offering U-pick muscadines (black & bronze) for $1 per gallon. That is a great price, as I usually get about 5 or 6 lbs to the gallon. So I guess there are still some available in central Arkansas.

That is a deal.

Latest posts

Back