Mulberry wine, question and thoughts wanted

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDaveK

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have at least 6 what I think are red mulberry trees. Rarely get to sample because of the birds. However, a few years ago I cut down a small tree about knee height and never yanked the rest out of the ground. Mother Nature sent out dozens and dozens of branches and now it looks like a 10 foot high dense oval bush - a mulberry bush. I looked at it today and it seems like there's more fruit than leaves. Lucky me! I'll have to cover it with bird netting - a PITA but certainly doable.

I was reading a lot of old threads and now my head hurts. (@Rice_Guy you had some good ones!) Has anyone made both a basic wine and 100% juice wine and have a preference? Any other suggestions? Does it pair well with anything? Any and all input is appreciated as always.

Those are great suggestions, @Rice_Guy and @Bossbaby. Looks like another multi-year project in the making. I'll have to try a pure mulberry, of course, but I also have raspberries, ground cherries, and gooseberries. Even with the bird netting the first task will be to harvest enough for ME.

But did you go round the mulberry bush ?
was it early in the morning ?

had to be said.
Yes, it did have to be said. I would have been disappointed if it wasn't!

And as a matter of fact, Mr. Smarty Pants, I walked all around, making a plan to clear the ground of weeds.
AND I just fed the barn cats, it was 6:30 AM.
AND THEN I started a load of laundry.
No ironing. Screw that.

Latest posts

Back