Mulberry wine, question and thoughts wanted

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

BigDaveK

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have at least 6 what I think are red mulberry trees. Rarely get to sample because of the birds. However, a few years ago I cut down a small tree about knee height and never yanked the rest out of the ground. Mother Nature sent out dozens and dozens of branches and now it looks like a 10 foot high dense oval bush - a mulberry bush. I looked at it today and it seems like there's more fruit than leaves. Lucky me! I'll have to cover it with bird netting - a PITA but certainly doable.

I was reading a lot of old threads and now my head hurts. (@Rice_Guy you had some good ones!) Has anyone made both a basic wine and 100% juice wine and have a preference? Any other suggestions? Does it pair well with anything? Any and all input is appreciated as always.

BigDaveK

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are great suggestions, @Rice_Guy and @Bossbaby. Looks like another multi-year project in the making. I'll have to try a pure mulberry, of course, but I also have raspberries, ground cherries, and gooseberries. Even with the bird netting the first task will be to harvest enough for ME.

BigDaveK

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But did you go round the mulberry bush ?
was it early in the morning ?

had to be said.
Yes, it did have to be said. I would have been disappointed if it wasn't!

And as a matter of fact, Mr. Smarty Pants, I walked all around, making a plan to clear the ground of weeds.
AND I just fed the barn cats, it was 6:30 AM.
AND THEN I started a load of laundry.
No ironing. Screw that.

Latest posts