Mulberry Time

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me how to keep the birds off; the tree is too tall to net and of course the best berries are at the top.

I'm right there with you, pal!
I got about 7 lbs.
I read that they ripen off the tree. I put them in a paper bag for a day and the black and burgundy berries turned all black. Into the freezer!

I'm right there with you, pal!
I got about 7 lbs.
I read that they ripen off the tree. I put them in a paper bag for a day and the black and burgundy berries turned all black. Into the freezer!
Wait! Mulberries ripen once picked?

Is 1/2 gallon of pressed juice enough to make 1 gallon of wine? I've got a friend that has some in the freezer from last year.

Is 1/2 gallon of pressed juice enough to make 1 gallon of wine? I've got a friend that has some in the freezer from last year.
Yes. And you'll be better off than me!
Some here use all juice. I don't have enough to do that.
Look at recipes. Many call for 3 lbs fruit. Seems light. I have 7 lbs and that's what I'll use.

Tell me how to keep the birds off; the tree is too tall to net and of course the best berries are at the top.

I don't know how to keep birds away. Not much of a problem for me. But elderberries! A real bird problem there.
Sounds like the solution to keep birds off the mulberry is to have an elderberry.

Latest posts

Back