Moving the wine cellar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't drop it or expose to oxygen, you'll be fine. Let it rest for a month before racking again. I would also hit it with a heavy dose of meta BEFORE moving.

"If you don't drop it or expose to oxygen, you'll be fine. Let it rest for a month before racking again. I would also hit it with a heavy dose of meta BEFORE moving. "

I appreciate the reply, but the wine is already in bottles, not carboys, so no racking or adding Kmeta!

Last edited:
Well, if it would hurt your wine, don't you think that we would have no wine in stores? After all those are shipped around on trucks that bounce around all over the road.

Id say you are good.

All the wine we buy has been moved so I don't see how that would hurt it. Not sure I understand what happens when a wine gets "bottle shock" but apparently if left alone for a while it gets over it.

My only concern would be if moving thru a hot climate, and letting it sit in the sun and getting to hot. (like moving thru the desert and some of the extremes you might find there). Other than that I wouldn't worry about it.

I use the Wine Making Talk app and leave it set to show Unread messages so I really don't know what section the thread originated in, and don't care.

Thanks for all the replies! Nope, won't be moving through any hot climate. My only concern was that some of it is not fully aged and I wondered if that would screw up the ageing process. But, it looks like I'll find out eventually. I sure am not going to leave it behind!

All your wine will be totally ruined. You need to send it to me for proper disposal.

Back