Mosto Bello help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porkchopmessiah

Reaction score
hi, I just picked up a 6 gallon of Mosto Bello Juice, the kid at the counter said theres already yeast in it. Has anybody else used this brand?

I intended on adding bisulfite to it and then pitching my own yeast after sterilizing the juice, but if its ready to ferment already ill fore go these steps....

Thanks Guys!

The kid is right, the juice is all primed with yeast and clay, and needs nothing. It’s probably boiling as we speak. Sorry it took 3 days for somebody to answer your question...

The kid is right, the juice is all primed with yeast and clay, and needs nothing. It’s probably boiling as we speak. Sorry it took 3 days for somebody to answer your question...
Thanx for the heads up...why doesnt it indicate that or they type of yeast on the bucket?

I'd be interested in hearing what other folks recommend. I usually add my own yeast when I buy juice (even when they say yeast has already been added.) If your juice hasn't already started fermenting, perhaps you can go with your original intentions...

what did you mean by clay though??
Being that I wasn't sure about the kid, I did meta K for 24 hrs and pitched bm4x4....hope it turns out...It is fermenting so yay I guess...

what did you mean by clay though??
Being that I wasn't sure about the kid, I did meta K for 24 hrs and pitched bm4x4....hope it turns out...It is fermenting so yay I guess...

By “clay”, he means bentonite clay. It’s an additive sometimes mixed in with the must during primary fermentation and it aids in clearing your wine later.

Latest posts

Back