Moscato Wine Kit 7 days in.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braden

Reaction score
First Wine kit ever. It’s been 7 days exactly in the primary fermentor. Took my 2nd SG measurement to see how it was after a week. Started at 1.060 and I’m now at 1.020. Took a little sample taste as I measured the SG and surprisingly didn’t taste too bad at all. Actually pretty good. Anyways just wondering if 1.020 sounds good a week into fermentation. Keeping it at a steady 66 degrees F. As far as what I see is that it should be stabilizing at 0.996. If and when I do bit that mark... should I leave it go for a couple of days to make sure it is stabilized for sure? Thanks.

First Wine kit ever. It’s been 7 days exactly in the primary fermentor. Took my 2nd SG measurement to see how it was after a week. Started at 1.060 and I’m now at 1.020. Took a little sample taste as I measured the SG and surprisingly didn’t taste too bad at all. Actually pretty good. Anyways just wondering if 1.020 sounds good a week into fermentation. Keeping it at a steady 66 degrees F. As far as what I see is that it should be stabilizing at 0.996. If and when I do bit that mark... should I leave it go for a couple of days to make sure it is stabilized for sure? Thanks.

Given a steady must temp of 66°F, I’d say you’re doing just fine. Higher temps are a little faster, lower a little slower, as long your SG drop is steady, you’re on a good trajectory.

I’ve not seen your kit instructions, but if you’re intending to do the “stabilizing” step at the end of alcoholic fermentation, there’s a pretty reliable way to identify the end, SG below .997 and unchanged for three straight days.

1.060 is a pretty low starting point for a wine kit, should yield ABV just under 9%, what exactly are you making?

Just the regular Moscato Winexpert Kit. I believe it was suppose to be 1.070 for start but with me using a hydrometer for the first time and what not... it could’ve been a tad higher then 1.060. So it may not of been 100% spot on.

I have made this kit 3 times last year for my wife. You won’t be disappointed if you like Moscato. I’ve been told Winexpert modeled this kit after the Bearfoot Moscato

Latest posts

Back