Morning/evening from Arkansas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisplacedJew

Oenophiliac
Reaction score
Hi, folks.

I hail from the northern portion of Arkansas and have been creating various wines from native grapes and wild raspberries for many moons.

Several years ago we suffered a terrible ice-storm, which served to demolish most of the woods on my 200 or so acres. Although we bemoaned the loss of quite a bit of forested land, we were amazed to find that muscadine, sand-grape and wild raspberries have literally overrun most of the deadfalls created as a result of this storm. My plans are to take cuttings of some of the hardier, higher-producing vines and start an actual vineyard comprised of some of the local strains of sand-grape and muscadine.

I currently have a small amount of black raspberry wine in the works, and I estimate that I'll be able to produce around twenty to thirty gallons of wild blackberry in the next few weeks.

As far as this year's crop of grapes... waiting is the hardest part. :)

Anywho, look forward to chatting and sharing with you folks.

Welcome MisplacedJew, Me thinks you hit the wrong button by accident when meaning to hit post and accidently hit brepoert post which is the triangle (Exclamation point) which is supposed to inform one of us admins or mods to notice it but for some reason it didnt pop up on our radar (ill have to look into that). But anway, glad to have you abaord and sorry for that. Hehehe

Hi MPJ, nice you could join us, Looking forward to you telling us bout your wines.

mpj...i'm in far western kentucky, which places us about as close as anyone else on here...jan. 26th...most of us in northern arkansas, southern mo. and most of kentucky will NEVER forget it!!! i made a declaration after that storm..."i will never have a dog I have to keep warm. i WILL have a dog that can keep ME warm" roflmao

i believe the northern folk had that idea first, lol! i never thought i'd live it (sleepn with a dog to keep warm, lol) until that ice storm. seriously the worse weather related event i've ever experienced:(

MPJ..as I said earlier its great to have you here! We look forward to hearing more about your ventures as time goes on. Feel free to ask anything, as Wade says "we like to shoot the shi*t".

Hi MPJ

Welcome to winemakingtalk. Good luck with your vineyard.

Back