WineXpert More winexpert woes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To everyone following this thread : I think I may have to print a retraction.
The supertuscan kit that was the original problem was fermenting so much that it broke the box open.
This bag I felt was fermenting as well, but had not got to the point of pushing the contents out of the box. I returned it to the retailer and she thought it might be within the realm of normal, but she would take it to her Meadery and test it. I brought a Lodi cab home.
Anyway, the least I can do is apologize for over-reacting. I will post here when she provides me with the results.
Sorry.

So, I picked up that replacement kit at the end of March. It has been waiting in my basement for a spot in the lineup, which was going to happen today. Lo and behold, this one has also started to ferment in the bag. I will return it and get a Lodi Zin and call it a day. My rjs retailer still has an 18 litre version of their supertuscan which is very good, so I'll pull the trigger on that.
The "science experiment" is resting in the basement. It might be ok.
I am curious how you are determining that it is fermenting in the bag? I just started a Australian Grenache/Shiraz/Mouverdre- Winexpert Classic Wine Kit. The juice in the bag had more foam than I was used to or expected. After pouring the juice out, there was still some foam left in the bag but I did not detect any fermentation odors and the fermentation with the yeast is strong.

I am curious how you are determining that it is fermenting in the bag? I just started a Australian Grenache/Shiraz/Mouverdre- Winexpert Classic Wine Kit. The juice in the bag had more foam than I was used to or expected. After pouring the juice out, there was still some foam left in the bag but I did not detect any fermentation odors and the fermentation with the yeast is strong.
Please review the post directly above yours (2 above this one) reply if you still have questions. Thanks

As far as Winexpert boxes coming apart, I had the bottom fall out of one not long ago. Just a poor gluing job.
Actually that kit pushed the grape pack and the additives hard enough to open the top of the box, and the side was coming apart as well. This is not a great image, but you can see the bag is blown up like a balloon, and it's taller than the box IMG_20210504_141536.jpg

Actually that kit pushed the grape pack and the additives hard enough to open the top of the box, and the side was coming apart as well. This is not a great image, but you can see the bag is blown up like a balloon, and it's taller than the box View attachment 74169
Definitely some pressure in there!!!😬

did that last time, and the response from Global Vintners was 'contact your retailer',
I don't know if there is law controlling this in Canada or the US but in the EU claims should be done to the seller not the producer:

Free of charge, 2-year guarantee for all goods
You always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you bought your goods online, in a shop or by mail order.

This 2-year guarantee is your minimum right, however national rules in your country may give you extra protection.

If goods you bought anywhere in the EU turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised, the seller must repair or replace them free of charge or give you a price reduction or a full refund.

So, 134 days after I pitched the yeast in the supertuscan that was fermenting in the bag, I Bottled it today. It's not great but it's not poison either, so I'll put it away and hope for the best.
Regarding the 2nd kit, the only thing I heard from my retailer was that it leaked on the carpet in her store. I think she is going to make it up herself.
Happy heat wave! Oh, and happy Independence day to all of my southern neighbours!

Check out Finer Wine kits, I am super pleased so far! My red Zin kit, with 2 bags of skins, smells amazing. Currently near the end of extended maceration, soon will taste and age. The only problem is availability, they ship fresh juice concentrate (why ship water), and turnaround is high.

Last edited:
I don't know if there is law controlling this in Canada or the US but in the EU claims should be done to the seller not the producer:

Free of charge, 2-year guarantee for all goods
You always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you bought your goods online, in a shop or by mail order.

This 2-year guarantee is your minimum right, however national rules in your country may give you extra protection.

If goods you bought anywhere in the EU turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised, the seller must repair or replace them free of charge or give you a price reduction or a full refund.
That's interesting! I wonder if the seller has recourse through the distributor, manufacturer, etc. Seems unfair to stick the seller for a defective product they didn't produce.

Latest posts

Back