more than expected..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtydog420

Reaction score
So last week I got a score of 40 pounds of frozen Maine blueberries for about 1.15 a pound... Mashed them up really well, and got about 3 gallons of pure juice. Divided into two primaries and let it sit for about 30 hrs with pectic enzyme.. Add one gallon of hot water with enough sugar to bring sg upto about 11-12 percent to each and another gallon of room temp water an hr after.. Add all to good stuff ( acid, nut, energizer).. waited a day and pitched some lalvin 1118...

I just racked it into my secondaries and each primary was upto the or higher than the 4 gallon mark.. So that means my wine is 50% juice and 50% water.. much higher than my first batch...

Was able to top of an old blueberry for an fpak of short, fill a six gallon, and 2 one gallon carboys...

This makes me very happy and glad I got a lot of one gallon carboys...

Tastes good so far...

Dirtydog, now what would be really cool is if you could get me 40 lbs. of frozen Maine Lobster!

That would be far too much money for me to float on my own.. Hahaha

Look online and you can do it but overnight shipping is a B**ch..

I used to work at an UPS shipping place and it would be about 120 bucks just in shipping...

A few years back my SIL from Fairbanks AK came back for a visit and brought back a huge case of king crab lakes caught fresh the day she left. WOW what a treat!

I don't eat seafood but I hear Alaskan crab is the best... I do like to watch The Deadliest Catch...

Back