More beginner winemaking recommendations?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have some recommendations for other first wines? I'm mulling over blueberry wine since I have a great source of non-sprayed blueberries that'll be coming up before too long. Any experience with strawberry wine? I also have a great source for organic strawberries.

If anyone has a pet recipe for either of those or some other recommendations I'd love them!

Thanks so much, in advance.

I would definitely recommend strawberry wine, I did my first batch about 2 months ago, filtered it last week and it tastes and looks gorgeous. Extremely easy as well, I followed this recipe:

http://hopshopuk.com/recipes/strawberry.html

I read somewhere that strawberry's have the lowest pectin content of most fruits used in wine making, so I'm not entirely sure why the recipe calls for pectolase but hey. Also make sure you use ripe strawberries, but not over-ripe.

I think you could follow the strawberry wine recipe similarly for blueberries, but you may need to add some grape concentrate as well.

Back