Mongo wine again!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noontime

Custom Label Printing & Design
Reaction score
Mango wine again!

Well the mango trees around our house are producing prodigious amounts of monstrous fruit...its time to try a mango wine again. We made this once before a couple of years ago and had a few snags, made a few mistakes, and basically threw some fruit & water in a bucket with some yeast (I started it in a rush the day before leaving on vacation because I had fresh fruit and no room in the freezer). That said, it turned out quite delicious. This time around we're going to do it right and plan ahead. My wife Li has joined me in winemaking, so the wine train will stay on the tracks. Planning on 6 lbs of fruit per gallon, and still trying to decide what yeast to use.

Last edited:
For the yeast, I'd use Red Star's Cotes De Blanc. That seems to be a favored yeast when making fruit wines. Check out the yeast charts on this site also.

Well, we have 42lbs of mango to 6.5 gallons. Some pectic enzyme, 4 bananas with skins, yeast nutrient and energizer, and premier cuvee yeast. Fermentation has begun and think this will be a great one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back