Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

bstnh1

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
I may have to try those. I am currently using #8 natural corks with my hand corker like this one: Amazon.com: Portuguese Double Lever Corker: Kitchen & Dining Do they make #8 normacrocs? I'm not sure that I can use #9 corks with my hand corker.
yes they make about any nomacroc you could want, i use to use a lower end cork for whites and Flor for reds, i talked to,,i think it was Steve @vacuumpumpman , whom told me he used nomacrock for quite a spell, I've never looked back,, got some and that has been several years now, store standing or laying on side, dont matter, i got some melomel that's 2014 been sitting up since day one most are gone but about a month ago i pulled a cork, good as ever,
Dawg

Last edited:

Rice_Guy

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nomacorc is produced with a smooth slide surface on the outside. They are significantly easier to push in than natural corks.
I may have to try those. I am currently using #8 natural corks with my hand corker like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Home-Portugese-Double-Level-Corker/dp/B000FRWJNE/ Do they make #8 normacrocs? I'm not sure that I can use #9 corks with my hand corker.
The double lever I have has a small diameter push rod which produces a cosmetic divot on the surface.

Sailor323

Reaction score
I have wine in my cellar that is 20+ years old. Nearly all of the bottles have mold on the corks but that does not affect the taste of the wine. The corks are 13/4 inch natural corks. The only problem that I occasionally run into is the the corks can be somewhat crumbly and removing them can be difficult

Latest posts