Quantcast

Mold

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Snowbird

first timer
Reaction score
Bought my strawberries yesterday. Started looking through them and some has a little mold( White looking substance) on them . Question is can i just rinse them off and it'll be o.k. or should I discard them?:cw

Tom

Reaction score
Toss them. If you would not eat them then dont use for wine.
Are you planning on making wine from these? If so how much. How many #'s you get?

Snowbird

first timer
Reaction score
Toss them. If you would not eat them then dont use for wine.
Are you planning on making wine from these? If so how much. How many #'s you get?
35#'s hopefully by the time i cap them and cull the bad one's i'll have almost 30#'s

Tom

Reaction score
35# will make 6 gallons. Save7+#'s for a f-pac.
Freeze all 1st for 2 days then add to 2 fermenting buckets and berries in 2 straining bags.
Do you have a recipe?
Have you made it before?
Keep us updated.

Snowbird

first timer
Reaction score
I have not made this before. I'm using the recipe I received off of here...

Tom

Reaction score
F-pac

F-PAC

How to make a F-PAC = Flavor Pac

Add 20-30% of #’s of fruit what was used in the primary (if you used 30# in recipe then you will need 6-9# more for the f-pac) in a large frying pan or pot. Simmer to extract all "flavor" and reduce the water from the fruit. Strain thru a kitchen strainer and add AFTER you rack and after the wine is DRY ( .990) You MUST have added k-meta and Sorbate before adding the f-pac. Once adding the f-pac you can add clearing agent. You will have to rack at least 2+ more times. Then back sweeten to YOUR taste using simple syrup.

Tom

Home of the
MOON RIVER BREWERY
and
DELANCO VINEYARDS