Mold on top

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homer

Reaction score
About 2 months into MLF, same wine and some of the carboys have and some don't? I guess it wont hurt. I'm thinking about cleaning off the mold, as best I can and blast it with SO2? If the MLF anint done too bad. bk

Mold on top.jpg

Last edited:
this is flowers of wine. it is a bacterial infection. add wine or water to overflow the carboy and remove the film. then double dose k-meta. check ph if off adjust. infection is caused by air and ph imbalance in wine. if it continues it will absorb the alcohol and leave the wine as water.

this is flowers of wine. it is a bacterial infection. add wine or water to overflow the carboy and remove the film. then double dose k-meta. check ph if off adjust. infection is caused by air and ph imbalance in wine. if it continues it will absorb the alcohol and leave the wine as water.

After the above, I use a spray bottle to spray a layer of meta on top with the hope of stopping it from coming back.

Thanks for the replies, I may have let the water in the air lock get too low. bk

Back