Moderators

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I have employed 2 moderators, please welcome Tom and St Allie to the forums policing duties. They will both be a big help as they both have a vast knowledge of wine making and other areas as well.

Tom

Reaction score
Wade, I didn't know we are employed. :) How much do we make? LOL :D :D :D

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
:(Tom, when Wade first took the helm I suggested one of his first things to do was to give us all a raise. He wasn't having any of it, and in fact, threatened pink slips.:(

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
No raises here, to be deleted as a test in 1 minute!

Tom

Reaction score
arcticsid
Well I hope to help Wade with St Allie and Smurfe to bring this group to a new "high" ! pun intended.. :p

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Great now I made him mad and he is either going to delete me or my raise suggestion.

Tom

Reaction score
LOL !

I doubt it..

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
No acrtic, I meant my post! You are still a damn good man!

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Wade, I try to be, I hope your moderators can help everything running smooth in here. I hope Allie isn't still mad about the rhubarb thing. She knows her business I am glad you asked her to help out, your buddy Tom seems like a pretty good fella himself.
Troy

Tom

Reaction score
Well thanks for the thumbs up. One thing about me I'm not shy to talk.. LOL :D : :) ;)

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
LMAO!..

We are fine Troy.. We sorted that out remember?...as long as you keep the beating people with rhubarb stalks to your corner of the world.

I'm just here to make pirates walk the plank..

Allie .. ;)

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Me neither!:) Good to know Allie and you have our back!:) I have little qualifications to call myself a winemaker, but I understand the principles of the method, I just started my 9th and 10th batch tonight. I have never dumped one. I never finished flight school, but I can still fly. I hope I can help wherever I can in this forum.,If I can't offer advice, I will send along a smile and a handshake, and sure try to send you in the right direction for your answer.
Troy
:D

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
Thankyou Wade,

Waves hello to Tom and Smurfe.. good that we are all from different climates and zones, with different fruit access and of course I am heading into winter now. So my challenges will be maintaining temperatures for ferments and using cheaper, accessible ingredients, for wines in a period where fresh fruit is expensive.

happy to be on the team :)

Allie

Last edited:

Boozehag

NZ Artist
Reaction score
Awesome Allie, you are awake when I am!!! If you are half as helpful on here as you are for me, everyone will be happy!

Thanks both you and Tom for helping out, us newbies certainly need all the help we can get!

Tom

Reaction score
Thanks Boozehag,
We all have vast knowledge in winemaking BUT, there are many others that can help also. Now that Wade took over and has help from Smurfe , St_Allie and me I see this group thrive.

Boozehag

NZ Artist
Reaction score
Pleased to hear that, was al ittle 'quiet' around here when I first came on board, it looks like you lot have revived it really well. These sorts of groups go through a metamorphise dont they....samr old questions, those who have been around a long time get bored and those who havent dont know that!!!

I have a suggestion, why not group together subjects like stages i.e fermentation stage, bottlnig and aging, or even a terminology announcement (They stay at the top dont they?) or even one on common items used like the additives and/or equipment and regroup them in the beginner section so they are easier to search? It might help newbies. I myself try searching but often dont know proper terminologies or whatever to find what I need to know so end up asking questions like that. Just an idea anyway.

smurfe

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw my thumbs up for the selections. I am glad there is finally an active administration here that can re-vamp the forums. It looks great so far. Look for more topic areas to come soon.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
More topics? Getting kinda hard right now to remember what was posted where? :) I am glad as well to see an active admin group in here. Thanks all.

Troy

Last edited:

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing I'd like to see, and I mentioned this to Wade, and not sure how easy or feasible it would be, but if there was a way to include a day and time each post was entered could help in some of the threads in terms of relevance and timeliness of the post. i think thats what I mean, do you?:) Know what I mean, sometimes I see a response come up to a thread that was posted 2 months ago, nothing wrong with that at all, at least we know someone is using the search feature, but knowing when the original thread was posted could be helpful.
thanks for hearing my ideas.
Troy

smurfe

Reaction score
Look at the gray bar right above your user name. It should show the time and date the post was uploaded. For example, you posted this question today at 12:36 am my time. ;)

Latest posts