Mlf testing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnuscan

Tnuscan=Tennesseean
Reaction score
Does anyone use or has anyone heard great reviews on the Vinmetrica SC-50 MLF Analyzer? I was planning on getting a SC-300 and was wondering if this addition was recommended for testing for MLF completion?
Thanks

Well, if you must have an answer............... I have a Vinmetrica SC - 300 and do all of my tests with it. I have not gotten either the add on or standalone Malic acid testing equipment, although I have read a lot about it.

All of the reviews I have personally read are positive, and, reportedly, you have your results in about 30 minutes of the testing. The testing is done via pressure differentials in the wine, malic acid, when exposed to the test chems, produces a pressure differential inside of a sealed testing container and the equipment reads the differential to determine the malic acid content. Reported to be accurate within .1g/liter. Some of the chemicals are supposed to be kept in a freezer.

But I don't have one........................yet

Well, if you must have an answer............... I have a Vinmetrica SC - 300 and do all of my tests with it. I have not gotten either the add on or standalone Malic acid testing equipment, although I have read a lot about it.

All of the reviews I have personally read are positive, and, reportedly, you have your results in about 30 minutes of the testing. The testing is done via pressure differentials in the wine, malic acid, when exposed to the test chems, produces a pressure differential inside of a sealed testing container and the equipment reads the differential to determine the malic acid content. Reported to be accurate within .1g/liter. Some of the chemicals are supposed to be kept in a freezer.

But I don't have one........................yet

Thanks!
I was wondering if I placed the question in the wrong place or something. Outta sight outta mind type thing I guess.
I know there are different methods to get results. I just want to make the right choices. Where did you purchase the 300?

Dave, you seem a bit impatient. It was only 2 hours and some folks only check this once a day, if that.

I have the MLF attachment but to be honest, I haven't used it yet. Chromatography is so easy and I haven't needed anything more.

I recommend the 300. I do not recommend the Vinmetrica SC-50 MLF Analyzer. Get a chromatography kit They seem intimidating but they are so freaking easy to do unlike the sc-50

Dave, you seem a bit impatient. It was only 2 hours and some folks only check this once a day, if that.

I have the MLF attachment but to be honest, I haven't used it yet. Chromatography is so easy and I haven't needed anything more.

Thanks for the info. Actually it was 15 hours, it was not that I was impatient, it was however, I thought my post would not be recognized where I placed it. I see where the Am and Pm could be confusing.
That's good to know, lol , sure don't need another collectable.

I recommend the 300. I do not recommend the Vinmetrica SC-50 MLF Analyzer. Get a chromatography kit They seem intimidating but they are so freaking easy to do unlike the sc-50

Thank you!! I am moving toward grapes and want to spend wisely. I will follow your advice.
Thanks again!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back