MLF Analyzer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnDTurner

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All,

I just ordered my MLF Analyzer kit from Vinmetrica. Should begin shipping Dec 1st

Teamsterjohn said:
I also placed an order for one of them. Have 2 wines waiting to test it on.

Please let us know what you think of the testing.... I have a SC-300 and was thinking of the addition...

uPdAtE!

Received my MLF Analyzer this morning. I have yet to do any MLF test. Will try to get at least one done sometime this week and report back. Cheers

Please do let us know, I'm thinking of getting one and would love to hear a report.

After reading the instructions on how to use the tester on the Vinmetrica website and finding that there are 17 steps to test for malic acid, followed by 4 steps for the Concentration /Confirmation Procedure, followed by 3 more steps for Data Interpretation...24 steps....I spoke with someone that has used the MLF Analyzer and basicly said that it was a PITA.......I decided to continue using the Chromatography method, easy and straight forward.

Mike, you are 100% correct! I forgot about those important aspects, I've been averaging 6-8 resd each season that I out through MLF, it would cost me a small fortune to test them any other way.

Yes! When I read up on it I got so confused by the instruction manual you can read online I decided to pass and continue using paper!

I finally got around to testing my wine with the analyzer. Wow! Simple, easy and accurate! Vinmetrica has a web video on their site a well as on YouTube. Easy to follow and you get your results in 30 minutes. Cheers

Back