Mixing liquer in to add flavor??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bein_bein

Reaction score
I just had some raspberry liquer that tastes GREAT! I am wondering if I could add some to my blueberry wine once it clears, maybe a day or two before I bottle it. I'll wait and see what the flavor of the blueberry is , but I think the flavors would compliment each other nicely. I'd like to add a little of the liquer just for flavoring. Anyone see any problems that might arise from that??
Thanks in advance!!
Brian

YOU are the winemaker.
So You and nobody else decides what you like
and what you want.

Having said that I admit I have added black currant syrup
to a blackberry wine a friend of mine made a few years ago.
http://wijnmaker.blogspot.com/2007/12/het-gaat-toch-om-de-smaak-taste-is-all.html

Just be aware that your wine when finished is in a
delicate balance.
Adding anything to it might disturb that balance.

So adding liquor to a wine might cause it to become cloudy.
I therefore would suggest to add the liquor a week or two before
bottling to see if any cloudiness might settle out.

Luc

I'd suggest taking a small wine sample and add your liquor to it sparingly and recording each step as you go. It's better to ruin a small sample rather that the entire batch.

I'd suggest taking a small wine sample and add your liquor to it sparingly and recording each step as you go. It's better to ruin a small sample rather that the entire batch.

Sounds like a good idea. I have a 2 liter for topping off that I can experiment with. Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back