Other mixing Alexander Sun And Vintners

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuelie

Junior
Reaction score
I am fairly new to winemaking so i wonder if anyone can tell me if i am going about this in the right way. I am planning on making a strawberry reisling using Alexander sun reisling concentrate and vintners harvest strawberry. I was going to mix up a 3 gal batch with the Alexander sun in one bucket and 3 gal batch with the vintners in another bucket then after the primary fermentation mix the two together in one container for the secondary fermentaion. Does this sound like an appropriate plan and can anyone suggest what type of yeast i should use.

You might try adding the Vintners concentrate at the latter stage of fermentation if you want a more fruit forward wine. I did that with Shiraz and Pomegranate concentrate. I have a wine that is slightly off dry (not sweet at all) and it has a very nice nose to it. I did let it age in the carboy for about 5 months and bottled it a week ago. Having a hard time staying out of it!!

Thanks for the suggestion I think i will try that instead making the two seperate.

how did this go fuelie?

i have a similar question and this post came up while searching....

i have the blackberry in secondary. just not clearing very fast.
(used 12+ pounds wild blackberry's and one can of vinter's harvest blackberry) down to about 4+ gallons after rackings...
now i have the suncal beaujolais in primary. i want to join these two at some point to make a blackberry beaujolais!
i used one can of the suncal beaujolais and cut it to 3 gallons instead of 5...
i have a six gallon carboy empty and could join them in that...
so what point could i/do i do this?
i have a feeling the blackberry is going to need backsweetened...and isn't clearing exceptionally fast...

Last edited:
I mixed up The strawberry in one primary and the Reisling in another. When the Hydrometer reading was down to 1.01 or close to it I added both to a 6gal. carboy. It has been sitting now for about 2 months and is still alittle cloudy. It is very dry and probably will need some back sweetening. This is all I can tell you about mine Hope it helps a little

I mixed up The strawberry in one primary and the Reisling in another. When the Hydrometer reading was down to 1.01 or close to it I added both to a 6gal. carboy. It has been sitting now for about 2 months and is still alittle cloudy. It is very dry and probably will need some back sweetening. This is all I can tell you about mine Hope it helps a little

thanks fuelie. one of the things i love about this site is the search function. i've been cruising the forum, reading everything i can, and after tasting each of these, i don't think i'm gonna mix em together. maybe some blending down the road, we'll see.
sounds like your reisling and strawberry are a perfect pair though.
my blackberry is clearing alot this week. i've stabilized today. and gonna wait a couple of weeks to backsweeten.

I should also mention I made a seperate 6 gal batch of riesling and let it age, I have been mixing it with some peach wine that i made from fresh peachs about a year ago. The peach wine was very harsh but after mixing the reisling and a little sugar it came out very good. I am still a beginner but i love to experiment, I also like to try for high alcohol content in my wines.
Let me know how your blackberry comes out because most of my fruit wines always seem to come out very (what i call harsh) it might be acidic I'm not sure but the acid level is right on.

I should also mention I made a seperate 6 gal batch of riesling and let it age, I have been mixing it with some peach wine that i made from fresh peachs about a year ago. The peach wine was very harsh but after mixing the reisling and a little sugar it came out very good. I am still a beginner but i love to experiment, I also like to try for high alcohol content in my wines.
Let me know how your blackberry comes out because most of my fruit wines always seem to come out very (what i call harsh) it might be acidic I'm not sure but the acid level is right on.

stabilized, gonna top off and wait a couple of weeks...will let u know how backsweetening goes...then it's off to the closet:n

These sound good but I dont like the Suncal brand very much by itself!

Back