Mosti Mondiale missing yeast nutrient

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjzalew

Reaction score
I'm working on a "Renaissance Amarone" and I'm at the stage to add the yeast nutrient and then rack, my kit is missing the nutrient, and my local wine store is closed today. Can I use something instead? or do I just wait until I can get some?
Thanks
Steve

They changed the instructions awhile ago regarding this but didnt include this nutrient in every kit for some reason. I think its dumb myself to adjust instructions and then not include what you are adjusting for but they did it! That being said you can add if you want and just add about 1 tsp. They've worked well without but this will help ensure they finish dry as long as you follow the instructions with temps and the such.

Thanks Wade..Is there anything else I could use, something around the house? The S.G. is at about 1.002 right now, and would like to get it dryer than that.
Steve

Get it up to about 75* stir it up to get all the yeast back into suspension, all that should get it to finish off. If your down that far I wouldnt go adding anything else at this time as it wont ferment out.

I used a multi vitamin before and it worked. Without Iron and not after it was almost done. In beginning :p

B complex is what is generally used but like I said you are way too far along to add anything.

Back