WineXpert Missing ingredients

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beginnerwino

Junior
Reaction score
I received a wine expert kit shipped to
Me that had no ingredients,besides a juice bag.It was a French Sauvignon blanc,any where to get the package of bentonite,yeast,sorbate,kiesol and chitosan

There just giving us a credit,I still have a juice bad but no ingredients

I belive that, since the place you bought it didn't make it right, time to contact WineExpert about the problem, along with contact information for the place you bought it. They may be able to suggest that there is a correct way to handle the problem.

Definitely contact WE. I'd be surprised if they didn't send an ingredients package.

If they don't, you need to purchase yeast. Bentonite is optional (kit include it for faster clearing), and K & C. Unless you are backsweetening, you do not need sorbate.

There just giving us a credit,I still have a juice bad but no ingredients
Does that mean they are sending you a replacement at no cost and you get to keep the one you have? If so, head to a retailer and pick up the missing additives for your free kit.
If not, time to select a new retailer. That's one of the reasons I prefer a bricks and mortar store.

no they just gave me a full refund and told me to keep the other figured might as well try to get ingredients and make this bag

Ah,, if they gave you a full refund then no need to contact WE, that's about the best you can ask for. and yes, you might as well make this bag. Most LHBS will sell bentonite, but as pointed out above, you can make wine without it. It does add clearing some. The Kmeta provided is easily purchased, for the kiesol and chitosan, you purchase a single use product called DualFine, exact same thing. oh and the yeast, if you want the same one as the kit came with, it is probably EC-1118. I haven't ever made Sauvignon Blanc, but there may be a a better choice than that, someone else will suggest it.

I haven't ever made Sauvignon Blanc, but there may be a a better choice than that, someone else will suggest it.
EC-1118 works fine, but if it's available I suggest Red Star Lalvin QA23 -- it's what I used for fresh Sauvignon Blanc juice last fall with great results.

EDIT: I got the brand wrong; now fixed.

Last edited:
I received a wine expert kit shipped to
Me that had no ingredients,besides a juice bag.It was a French Sauvignon blanc,any where to get the package of bentonite,yeast,sorbate,kiesol and chitosan
Since you are getting a full refund, look at this as free juice to experiment with. You can get the other ingredients from Morewinemaking, or your local place, or almost anywhere else online. You also have the option of using this bag as sweetener for others- it is cheaper to buy a large bag of concentrate vs. what is sold in a small 1 liter bag no matter what. And you know what it is- no generic 'white wine' concentrate. Freeze in smaller portions, a vacuum sealer works great or in jars.

I just had this exact same situation. Got full refund as item was not returnable. Purchased a two WE Classic California Chardonnay kits, a 1 gallon and a 6 gallon kit. Since low/mid range kits run 'thin' wanted to combine both kits. Both kits purchased for amazon as 'used' so there was significant discount (50% on 1gl kit). 1 gallon kit had all the additives, 6 gallon kit was not returnable and had only juice box. A 5 minute chat with CS and they gave me a full refund for a 6 gallon kit. Now to Label Peelers to get missing ingredients. I have bentonite, but will get DualFine and stabilizer from there.

Latest posts

Back