Milwaukee battery backpack sprayer review

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood1954

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently bought this sprayer and used it today. It works great, powerful spray, big padded straps. Easy to fill. The wand is SS and the tip is brass, there is also a plastic tip included. It runs off of one 3 AH battery which should last a couple hours. You easily reach the pressure dial when it’s on your back if you want to change the pressure while operating it. The tank is attached via a couple of buckles which means you can easily detach it for filling and cleaning. So much better than my hand pumped Stanley. Cost was $309.

I am in the market for a better sprayer (currently 2G hand pump). I hope you will post updates on this product, as it's on my short list, and I've always heard great things about Milwaukee tools. Love the concept about switchable tanks as well.

However there are some very negative reviews/comments about it's durability (of all things) on the inter webs. Hoping that you have better reports on usability and the performance (decent coverage when spraying?).

Looks like you got a great price for it. Did that include the Milwaukee battery/charger?

That price included the battery and charger. It seems very durable and cant get any easier than squeezing the handle. filling is very easy as well. Straps are comfortable. all in all a good sprayer.

Recently bought this sprayer and used it today. It works great, powerful spray, big padded straps. Easy to fill. The wand is SS and the tip is brass, there is also a plastic tip included. It runs off of one 3 AH battery which should last a couple hours. You easily reach the pressure dial when it’s on your back if you want to change the pressure while operating it. The tank is attached via a couple of buckles which means you can easily detach it for filling and cleaning. So much better than my hand pumped Stanley. Cost was $309.
Hello there,
Can you please provide model number and where to buy?
Thanks

Thanks for the link!

I know it's only May, but do you feel pretty confident that it will generate enough pressure to be able to get through your canopy later this summer?

I am still thinking about a Stihl or Solo air blaster, but I'm not much of a fan of having yet one more small gas engine... or very handy with fixing them.

Yes, it really packs a punch I think it tops out at 120 psi

The Milwaukee and an atomizer sprayer are two different tools. They use very different nozzles and delivery systems and really are designed for different use applications.

So, the PSI out of the nozzle of the Milwaukee alone is not really relevant when getting into deep foliage, as that pressure declines rather quickly. While a Stihl gas powered atomizer sprayer blasts a lot of air at the plant, and acting like a high wind pushing the spray into the canopy.

Simply watch a few videos of the two products. The official Milwaukee video does not show much leaf movement, and probably limited penetration, when spraying that hedge:

While any atomizer tool video really shows how the tool blasts the spray into the foliage (even high into a tree):

But... wait for it. It depends on your vineyard management style if you need to blast into the foliage. If you use vertical training, do shot placement management, hedge, and cluster leaf pull than a tool like the Milwaukee is a good choice. If you do top wire cordons, and have large overhanging growth, then a blast atomizer is probably a better option.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back