Midwest supplies 10% off through oct 31

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjo

Reaction score
I had my eye on the frozen grapes from midwest supplies. They had a 2007 Napa River Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon on sale for $49.95. They currently have a 10% off promo through the end of the month on there entire stock. Just ordered 2 buckets for $89 for both. First time real grapes. Now I have to figure out how to press them.

Was thinking on doing a second run with the skins. Hoping to get it bottled and drinkable while the first is aging. Any thoughts?
Scott

PS. the promo code is "strib10%"

You could use the triple bucket method to press the grapes. Drill a bunch of small holes in the middle bucket and put something sanitized in the bottom of the bottom bucket to keep the second from fitting in all the way and use the 3rd to press the grapes inside the second.

You could use the triple bucket method to press the grapes. Drill a bunch of small holes in the middle bucket and put something sanitized in the bottom of the bottom bucket to keep the second from fitting in all the way and use the 3rd to press the grapes inside the second.

I think I have one of those holy buckets left over from my short beer brewing days. What kind of wine can I expect from a second run. First time not using cheap or free fruit and I want to get more bang for the buck.

Wade, this make shift press using three buckets is interesting to me. I dont have a press. Last time I lined a milk case with window screen and pressed with a piece of lumber. It was effective but not without mess.
I understand the three bucket concept but what do you put in the bottom bucket to keep the second bucket raised?

Back