Midwest Blizzard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtstar

Reaction score
The blizzard that just went though Nebraska is heading east so you had better stock up that wine rack Pa'ers

Used to be there was a baby boom and baby bottles 9 months after a blizzard, now there will be a bunch of baby bottles of wine in 9 months...........................

We have blizzard warnings from 7:30 tonight till 7:30 am Wednesday. Like I said earlier though with this much warning the winds usually shift back out to the lake and come back ashore in Buffalo. Oh well I have about 25 gallons of wine I'm bottling on Tuesday. I need about 5 cases of smoke colored bottles for one batch and hopefully the winery I get then from will have them today so I can pick them up before the storm. Its about 60 miles south of me. You would think with about 50 cases of empty bottles I would be all set but my wife says nope this label needs a special colored bottle.

We got lucky, missed us, so. central Nebr. Got really cold and the wind blew pretty darn hard. Went to the kids house yesterday and the van was all over the road. Today heading south to the other kids place and the wind has about quit, but only three degrees outside. Should stay home and work, but Grandkids Christmas program, can't missthat. Grandkids are so much fun, spoil em and send em home. lol Arne.

It is supposed to be rain here and the weather channel even shows rain over us, except sombody forgot to tell the rain. We have gotten several inches of white cold rain and it just keeps getting heavier!

There is not much happening in Western Michigan but it has cooled down and the wind has picked up. Watching the Bears/Patriots game in Chicago... It looks wicked. Good old style winter football where they have to shovel the lines every few plays. Patriots are kicking a$$.

And the Lions WON!!!

We got 14 inches of the white crap last night and today. Still snowing now, and gonna keep on the next 2 days. HUMBUG! God I love the lake effect.

14" Nice (not). My Wife and son are a little disapointed. they are both teachers and were looking forward to a snow day.

Seems like yesterday when we were up in Traverse City traveling the wine tasting circuit in the Leelanau Peninsula.

I love a few good storms like that. If I got them every week it would be another story.

I used the cold and snow to finish out my sparkling wine. Now I'm ready for New Years. It was a little cold on the fingers working outside today in the snow and brine bucket.

Latest posts

Back