Mid Atlantic North East Meet Up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only rule is that you make the rules up as you go. I've decided that I've been making wine longer than you, so you can't have more carboys than I do, so give a few up so I have one more than you do.:)

Actually, I don't think I have any more room for them, unless I can get rid of another kid and turn their bedroom into a wine room.

That sounds like a plan

No, much more than carboys Tim! All wine toys included, presses, crushers, fermenters, barrels, bins, testing apparatus, etc. is all fair game!

Are there individual categories and do you have to die. I currently have 39 carboys not counting ones and halves. Honestly though I think only full ones should count.

for those that wanted some of the carboys the 6 is more like a 7. The first pic is of a full 6 gallon and the second (if they come up in that order) is what was transfered from the 6. I'm guessing I added close to another gallon to top it off. Let me know if you still want them.

Attachments

• Full 6 Gallon.jpg
    Full 6 Gallon.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 7 gallon carboy.jpg
    7 gallon carboy.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
Are there individual categories and do you have to die. I currently have 39 carboys not counting ones and halves. Honestly though I think only full ones should count.

No categories. While you’re alive, just collect as many toys as possible, you won’t be judged until you die. At that unfortunate crossroad, however, your toys are compared with those who have predeceased you. Since we don’t know when our number is up, we just have to press forward and continue to collect.

for those that wanted some of the carboys the 6 is more like a 7. The first pic is of a full 6 gallon and the second (if they come up in that order) is what was transfered from the 6. I'm guessing I added close to another gallon to top it off. Let me know if you still want them.
That is fine with me.

Could you please remind me of the dates again?

The Festival is Saturday June 23rd. You have your choice of 22nd and 23rd or 23rd and 24th or all. A.J. probably won't be there until Sunday the 24th due to a wedding. I'm going staying Friday and Saturday which I think most are. Really would like you to come. BTW, you also have to buy the Festival tickets and please book under the Fred Black Group.

The Festival is Saturday June 23rd. You have your choice of 22nd and 23rd or 23rd and 24th or all. A.J. probably won't be there until Sunday the 24th due to a wedding. I'm going staying Friday and Saturday which I think most are. Really would like you to come. BTW, you also have to buy the Festival tickets and please book under the Fred Black Group.
I think the Festival is both Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24th. You can buy tickets for either individual day or there is a discount for buying both days.

https://www.etix.com/ticket/v/12819/split-rock-resort-wine-festival

I'll getting into Split Rock on Saturday, staying Saturday and Sunday night, bought the two day festival tickets as well.

Getting really excited to meet everyone. I would have bought tickets for both days but it's a 4.5 hour drive for me. Didn't think drinking before making that drive would be a good idea. Also we plan on getting there around 5:00 on Friday if anyone wants to catch up for dinner or wine sharing or something.

I bought the Saturday ticket to the festival.
I bought Saturday too. Unfortunately my bride has a microbiology test the following Monday, so I think we'll be out-o-there pretty early on Sunday (breakfast and bolt).

We plan on getting there when we get there on Friday, will probably leave the Harrisburg area around 4 pm. I think the plan for us is to eat dinner somewhere on the way up, not investigated options yet.

Fred, did you ask if we are allowed to share wine etc with the festival going on? I imagine once it ends for the night we should be able to discretely taste each other's wines somewhere. If our rooms are all close together we could always draw straws and discretely taste/test wines in that room.

Last edited:
I bought Saturday too. Unfortunately my bride has a microbiology test the following Monday, so I think we'll be out-o-there pretty early on Sunday (breakfast and bolt).

We plan on getting there when we get there on Friday, will probably leave the Harrisburg area around 4 pm. I think the plan for us is to eat dinner somewhere on the way up, not investigated options yet.

Fred, did you ask if we are allowed to share wine etc with the festival going on? I imagine once it ends for the night we should be able to discretely taste each other's wines somewhere. If our rooms are all close together we could always draw straws and discretely taste/test wines in that room.

Really don't see that as a problem. I can't imagine everyone going to the resort is attending the festival.

As you know I'm relatively new to this and don't have many wines to offer. Probably the wine with the most potential is my Norton from last fall which is a late harvest so it's only going on 7 months old. I'm playing around with some blending and acid adjustments but I'm just not that good at it. So I'll probably bring a 100% and the blend I come up with. My blend choices are Syrah, Barbera and Zin. I was thinking 70/10/10/10, any thoughts?

Really don't see that as a problem. I can't imagine everyone going to the resort is attending the festival.

As you know I'm relatively new to this and don't have many wines to offer. Probably the wine with the most potential is my Norton from last fall which is a late harvest so it's only going on 7 months old. I'm playing around with some blending and acid adjustments but I'm just not that good at it. So I'll probably bring a 100% and the blend I come up with. My blend choices are Syrah, Barbera and Zin. I was thinking 70/10/10/10, any thoughts?
I think we'll have had plenty of wine from the festival, so don't sweat it. I'm more into meeting everyone and putting faces with names.

Back