Mid Atlantic North East Meet Up

Discussion in 'Wine Competitions, Meetups & Events' started by mainshipfred, Nov 12, 2017.

1. heatherd

heatherd Supporting Members Supporting Member

I was able to change my dates online, and I added Fred Black group in the notes.

mainshipfred likes this.
  2. mainshipfred

mainshipfred Junior Member Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure when I set up the group rate we had our choice of the combination of the 22nd and 23rd or the 23rd and 24th as long as you had 2 nights. At the time I wasn't sure what would work best for everyone.

3. heatherd

heatherd Supporting Members Supporting Member

The glitch is that I wanted a two-room suite with kitchen that's only available in their Galleria building, so that's where we booked for 6/22-6/25. Adding waterpark passes was also outside the block parameters. There are still spots in your block of rooms in the lodge for 22/23 and 23/24. They're super helpful with getting what I'm looking for.

4. ceeaton

ceeaton Three is the charm, right?

@mainshipfred, did you get enough people to reserve rooms to get the better rate? If not, do you happen to know how much more we'll pay with the higher rate? Just plannin'...

5. mainshipfred

Not yet but there is still 2 months. I was going to send out another post. We need 2 more.

6. ceeaton

ceeaton Three is the charm, right?

Maybe if I cancel, you could get two more, then I'd sign back up without anyone knowing?

7. mainshipfred

We have 4 spaces left but only need 2 more to obtain the discount. Only 2 months left and I know there were a few others that showed an interest. Come on the 2 more so the others can benefit from the group rate. It would really be nice if we could fill all 4 openings. I had a tasting with @Boatboy24 and a new minemaker friend and the time just flew by. If we had 10 of us and their spouses I can only imagine what a good time we could have.

Boatboy24 likes this.
  8. mainshipfred

@geek, @bkisel, @JohnT, @dcbrown73 you all initially have shown some interest in coming. Sign up and let's make it a "PARTY". Or any other last minute procrastinators.

geek likes this.
  9. geek

geek Still lost.....

I haven't booked because I think the timing would not be good for me, I may be out of the country around that specific time..... :-(

10. bkisel

bkisel Junior Member

I never committed that I recall just expressed an interest. I might be able to do a day trip but have procrastinated in looking up the travel time, any conflicts I might have with other planned activities and not the least of which run it by my wife. Sorry if I've inconvenienced anyone.

11. dcbrown73

dcbrown73 Clueless Winemaker

As of yesterday, it became a whole lot less likely for me. I signed a contract on a new house, it closes May 31st, and my apartment lease ends on June 20th. I will be moving and cleaning up the apartment around that time. So yay, new home. Boo, not likely to be able to go to this event.